Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZA Pro blocking downloads

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    I'm a tech support for sbcyahoo dsl, I am getting a lot of calls customers using ZA that can't connect to the internet . I always tell my customers to disable ZA and it works. I'd prefer using Norton
    Your tech support, and you tell your customers to disable their firewall????? This is a joke right? How did you get a job like that?

Sheeeeeesh

I would understand it if you were to tell em whats going on, how to fix it, how to setup the firewall correctly, or even advise another one, but to tell a customer 'oh, just turn it off'.

Bla!
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    <sarcasm>
    yeah instronics. I once had a similar problem with security products not working correctly.
    I used to keep repeatedly locking my keys in my car, so I just smashed all the windows and now I can get into my car anytime I need to.
    who needs car windows anyways? or firewalls. screw it. who needs security, it's overrated </sarcasm>
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Originally posted here by instronics
    Your tech support, and you tell your customers to disable their firewall????? This is a joke right? How did you get a job like that?

Sheeeeeesh

I would understand it if you were to tell em whats going on, how to fix it, how to setup the firewall correctly, or even advise another one, but to tell a customer 'oh, just turn it off'.

Bla!
    but I would have to bet that its a lot easier to just tell them to disable it then it is to walk them through and explain what a firewall is and why its doing what it is doing.... Don't get me wrong They should explain what is going on and what they should do but my experience with broadband providers is that they have a tendency to not support things like routers, firewalls, and other security products because it makes their job harder. You would think putting together a simple tutorial for the users and emailing them instructions on what to do and whats going on would be just as simple but what do I know
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    but I would have to bet that its a lot easier to just tell them to disable it then it is to walk them through and explain what a firewall is and why its doing what it is doing....
    It is understandable (from a business aspect) that they do not support certain products or provide support for them. But there should be nothing wrong with ISPs providing simple URL information on where to get the information (at the very least). Heck, even I found the online manual for ZA Pro 4.5. It can't be that hard to link to it. I suspect the reason for the lack of tutorial is that if they did provide it then users would expect them to be able to support it. (and if you don't think that users would expect that, then visit here and rethink that).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by djhuk
    Yeah, my car wouldn't start, so instead of taking it to a mechanic...I just bought a new one!
    No, actually I read the *****ing manual and I found out that I needed to put the key in the ignition, but nice try anyway, putz.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

i personaly think za is 1 of the best firewalls u can get and there support is great.

Originally posted here by stache
    i personaly think za is 1 of the best firewalls u can get and there support is great.

I bet you believe everything you see on T.V. too. Am I right?

BTW- It's 'their', not 'there'.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    I bet you believe everything you see on T.V. too. Am I right?
    Fox News never lies to me! </sarcasm>
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)