Hi guys:

I don't know if I'm offending anyone by saying this, so sorry in advanced, but....

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I NEED THE HELP OF ALL OF U!!!!!!!

I have spent the past 2 years owning a video card, installed into a computer that really doesn't deserve it. It was meant for a Compaq POS. Now, I have gotten... "authorization" to install the video card into the PC (family matters... I'm 16 and not A+ certified, so they don't trust me). Now, I have spent the most agonizing moments in my short life trying to install that thing on this pc. The main problem is that, even when I start the pc in safe mode, uninstall the onboard crappy Video, turn off, put in new video card, turn on... THE monitor won't get the signal. It will blink it's light orange, like the tower wasn't turned on. Now, I e-mailed and chatted HP support about this (apparently HP aquisitioned Compaq? I guess) , and after like, oh... a million tries they finally understood that:
A) The card is FINE. As in not damadged and;
B) The card IS compatible witht the pc, I have double and triple checked.

After this, they said that the problem must be with my BIOS. They gave me an update, I installed it (the whoal floppy boot disk and all), tried to install it again... and NOTHING!!!! NOT AT ALL! Now, I think this might have something to do with the IRQs, but I saw an e-mail support message on the video-card's web site that had an IRQ problem, and the monitor booted just fine (the problem was later on, crashing and whatnot) so I doubt it.

The card is a Visiontek Xtasy Nvidia GeForce 2 MX (outdated, I know, but hey, try getting something better on a scrap budget), just in case your wondering. I would very much like to one day finally have enough memory in this machine to play a decent game with my friends on this thing. So...
PuH-LEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a million!