Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gentoo joke (at the expensive of it)

Gentoo joke (at the expensive of it)

Came across a review at OSnews for slackware, and began to laugh uncontrollably at these two comments:

In a review about slackware that never once mentions Gentoo:

Poster #1: "gentoo blows slack out of the water. I mean, come on emerge kde. wtf is this swaret ****?"

Poster #2: "Oh, please. Why is it that everytime someone posts an article about!Gentoo distro, some Gentoo user has to come and shout something alongthe lines of "...but Gentoo does it better". You know what? **** you. **** you for making me cry because of how communist the gentoo "perfect ****ing race" is."

Hilarious, absolutely hilarious. -hugs his slackware-

I don't find it particularly funny, in fact I don't see where the joke is...

(I use both Slackware and Gentoo btw, and have no problems with either)
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

The joke is that no matter what subject is being discussed OS wise, a gentoo user will ALWAYS hop in and say "but gentoo is better because!!!!"

It's almost a guarentee. The joke was that the slackware user (who knows slack can do the exact same thing gentoo can do) referred to the zealot gentoo users as communists with the nazi memory of "perfect race".

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Same here. Use them both too. No problems here.

Anyway I've stepped out that distro war ****. Everyone knows my opinion. That's enough
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Same here. Use them both too. No problems here.
    Exactally. When gentoo users learn that they can both do the exact same things, then we won't have the gentoo zealots Which is what the joke was referring too, not the mature users.

not the mature users
    Does this mean I grew up ? Damnit.

Pooh, get your ass back on irc, and bring Sun Tzu along too

does this mean I grew up ? Damnit.
    Yes, I feel you are a very mature and dedicated gentoo user who has no false dreams about it being 31337er than any other distrobution because you understand each OS can do the same thing so long as the admin knows how. I have a great deal of respect for you because of that.

Pooh, get your ass back on irc, and bring Sun Tzu along too
    Maybe not, because somehow I always end up having to defend Windows XP or Slackware followed by my debate of "each OS is the same, if you know how to use it and be a good admin, so don't blame your faults on an OS you can't control nor learn".

Yes, I feel you are a very mature and dedicated gentoo user who has no false dreams about it being 31337er than any other distrobution because you understand each OS can do the same thing so long as the admin knows how. I have a great deal of respect for you because of that.
    , /me faints

Maybe not, because somehow I always end up having to defend Windows XP or Slackware followed by my debate of "each OS is the same, if you know how to use it and be a good admin, so don't blame your faults on an OS you can't control nor learn"
    Just talk about beer and women and you'll fit in quite great.

I find it's the Debian users who are the worst/best (depending on how you look at it) for advocacy. The Gentoo users on their forums seem to be fairly friendly, except when I dared to say that IE was in some ways better than Firebird (at the time).
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

The Gentoo users on their forums
    No no no. We are not talking about their own forum Even in the joke it was a slackware review without a word of mention towards gentoo, and sure enough a gentoo user came from the wood work. That is what the entire joke was about. No matter where on the face of this earth an OS will be talked about online, a gentoo users will pipe up and say "but but but but but gentoo is better!"