Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rumsfeld responsible for Abu Ghraib?

What I don't get is why the hunt for political blood?
    I was only answering to that .

But I do agree with you moxnix, both parties have their own flaws...and neither one wants to take responsibility for anything...they just like to point fingers. Although I dont like either Bush, nor Kerry, I do support the president though......whoever it might be.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    both parties have their own flaws...and neither one wants to take responsibility for anything...they just like to point fingers.
    It's called politics and the lust for power...... over us.......

How difficult is that?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

I do support the president though......whoever it might be.
    You do, even when the cause for his action's and decision's are total B/S?
    Space For Rent.. =]

Originally posted here by Spyder32
    I do support the president though......whoever it might be.
    You do, even when the cause for his action's and decision's are total B/S?
    Well, to me it would be like supporting your company(country) when your boss is a total idiot. You support him only to keep the company from failing, but work internally to have him replaced.

I don't support any politician, but I do support my country. I might not like it sometimes, but it is all I have. If I could find a better system somewhere, then I should move and support that, but as I have never found a significantly better system I am here.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Well....as for supporting my coutry...I support both, my birthplace and the US...I moved here 6 years ago. I'd give my life for both of them if needed, but we assign a president by majority...and I'm pretty confident that If we get a president thats THAT big of a ****tard...we'd get rid of him hopefully before he really screws up. We've had worse...we'll pull through.

moxnix, I can say I agree with you again I support our country (I love our country, none better IMO) as much as anybody would and that's no question's asked. But yes, this is all I have and I will support it to death. Damn, now I kinda feel how those Iraqi's were in supporting Saddam. Maybe because they didn't have a choice, that they just supported the country and not him, per say..?
    Space For Rent.. =]

Thank you Spyder32, you caught the double meaning that I didn't mention out right (hense using company instead of country).
    Damn, now I kind of feel how those Iraqi's were in supporting Saddam. Maybe because they didn't have a choice, that they just supported the country and not him, per say..?
    A lot of the Iraqi's were never supporting Saddam. They were supporting their government, their religion, and their country. They were fighting to protect the only way of life they know, and/or understand.
    When I was in Viet Nam, I had a lot of respect for the North Vietnamese and even the Viet Cong. I didn't have very much respect (any?) for South Vietnamese men. (The women are different...they had it bad under both sides, and little if any voice in the matter) And if I had been raised in Viet Nam, I would hope that I would have supported the North against the French....and then us.
    Does that mean that I didn't fight for my country.....NO. I supported my country and the lifestyle I know, but I could also recognize that they might not believe in the same values I hold.

From Viet Nam, I learned that war isn't brought on by the people.....just the politicians and governments that sit safely at home, most of the time. 9/11 changed that for a lot of Americans, but unfortunately not enough of the politicians have learned from it. One war we are fighting, I agree with completely. The other war I don't. The motivations for each of these wars are different, even if our politicians are telling us they are the same.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

So in retro, it's all a matter of understanding the politic's, religeon, background, and overall way of life for the other side. Unfourtunately, neither side in this war has been able to do that (and they problably never will). Not everyone will always believe in the same value's which is why we have desputes. Now when despute's turn to war's or whatever, that's when thing's get sad.

The motivations for each of these wars are different, even if our politicians are telling us they are the same.
    Oh, but of course. And in my eye's, the president only has justification for only one of these war's. The other one he want's for his own personal reason's/gain/etc. He use's the justification from the one war to coinside with the other one to play to the public so we buy into it. Sadly for him, alot of american's aren't, we just don't have much of a choice.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    In the mean time, Reuters (one of the biggest, if not the biggest press agency in the world) accuses American troops of mistreating three of their Iraqi employees. The three were arrested earlier this year while filming the shooting of a helicopter. They say to have been beaten and, amongst other things, be told to put their shoes in their mouths (a serious injury for muslims) while soldiers were laughing and taking pictures.
    Reuters is requesting a serious investigation...

The Reuters article

And four suspects ("working" for Al Zarqawi, the Jordan terrorist) in the Berg-case have been arrested in Iraq.