Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GMAIL hype?

Lightbulb GMAIL hype?

I was looking around at some security sites and found that yahoo is increasing their mailbox sizes to 100mb, as mentioned on this forum too. So I went to google to sign up for the 1Gb account only to find out that you have to be invited. I was told to join blogger, which I did, to find out that you have to be a user whos had an account for some time. Kinda bummed, I looked at ebay and saw google email account invites going for upwards of 50 bucks or more. Will I pay that much for a gmail account, no.

So, I kept looking and found a host for email, webspace, and picture storage called spymac.com

So far, so good.

Clean signup, loads of questions which you do not have to answer.

If anyone else has an account with spymac.com please let me know.

FYI, it too offers 1GB of email storage :)
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

Banned
    GMail is still beta, thats why it's invite only......

Yep Memory, I know that...invite only beta.
    spymac is free w/o being in beta.
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

Yeah I've mentioned spymac at this forum a few times..

I'm sorta surprised that more people aren't really taking notice of it. They offer quite a bit more in terms of services (space) not a lot of talk about whether there'll be any anitvirus built in.. ( I haven't read much of their forum)

When I signed up for spymac.. it took nearly a wekk for my confirmation email to come through.. I imagine it's a bit faster now.. Also, only their pop mail was working and not the webmail. Now it all appears to be working but I will say one bad thing.. it's SLOW.

can we say "server upgrades" ? hmmm.. I wonder if there's any scuttlebutt about that.

this is the first ive heard of spymac..the name kinda scares me..wonder who might be spying on my stuff

the signup/confirmation was instantly done with no problems.
    ive yet to really test anything. as for the antivirus portion, i trash all emails with attachments unless code words are put into the subject line

i also found it interesting and funny that theres all these forums about people wanting free google mail accounts simply because of the huge storage space, yet spymac provides the same dang thang.

hey wildred.. not a big deal but there's an edit button so there's no need to post twice.

and spymac.. (funny name) has nothing to do with spys.. lol..

but they do hate most winblow users..
    read the forums.. they are an interesting group.

ACCCKKKKK.. maybe I'll get a MAAAACCCC.. who wants to donate to me an old mac ?

ya ya...thanks for the headsup sum....maybe i oughtta not type close to bed time
    thanks though

I too am looking heavily into a crapintosh...seems like something new for me to learn

Banned
    When I signed up for spymac.. it took nearly a wekk for my confirmation email to come through..
    took 3 seconds for mine..btw: they use too many graphics on the site, it's slow for us dial-up users...

and i want a google e-mail account just because google.com was my homepage since i have the computer, and in my opinion it's the best search engine out there,...you know why..because it is just a sdearch engine..not like yahoo...milions of ads...links and shi* on the main page......

now that, I can agree with. Though the scanning of emails by google still concerns me...