We use McAfee Enterprise 7.1 (the latest product) here at my job and I found something rather disturbing the other day. If you use this product, you'll know that you can set a password so that no files/settings can be changed, and the on-access scan can't be disabled. You would think they would test products for potential flaws, especially something this simple. The On-Access scan has an Icon in the taskbar, a little shield. If you just double click that icon, the statistics box will appear. Heres the great part, the Disable button for the On-Access scan is not greyed out for 3 seconds on any computer, allowing you to click it.... tested up to a p4. You can disable, enable, and disable the On-Access scan before the option fades out. Even if the computer has been on for hours, this still works. You can do this EVERY time the computer is rebooted. I see this as a serious hole, as any idiot with a mouse can disable the vscan in seconds. So I called McAfee. They told me I would have to write out a letter justifying a "Feature Modifacation". Even better, they said it wouldn't be fixed untill the next release of the program!!!

Basically I'm just saying what I've always heard anyway, DONT USE MCAFEE