Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarin gas found in Iraq

Sarin gas found in Iraq

a 155mm round containing the sarin nerve agent was found hidden in a bag by the side of the road in iraq rigged to detonate. it was one of those which was supposedly destroyed before 1991.

thoughts?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Cnn Link

Kimmitt said it appeared that whoever set up the roadside bomb was unaware that it contained the chemicals.

"It was a weapon we believed was stocked from the ex-regime time," Kimmitt said. "It had been thought to be an ordinary artillery shell, set up like an IED. When it exploded, it indicated that it had some sarin in it."
    Interesting. So maybe the weapons inspectors missed a couple of WMD sites? Or perhaps someone placed it there to help validate the war?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    No big surprise.....

As to the conspiracy theory above...... Remember it took Law enforcement and the FBI seven years to capture the guy who bombed the Atlanta Olympics..... And they knew which county in NC he was in......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

ok now i just heard in the car on the radio (whoever is filling in for rush - not the band but the conservative) that a second device containing mustard gas was exploded in iraq.

this is all i found on it so far:

"Two weeks ago, U.S. military units discovered mustard gas that was used as part of an IED. Tests conducted by the Iraqi Survey Group and others concluded the mustard gas was "stored improperly," which made the gas "ineffective."

They believe the mustard gas shell may have been one of 550 for which former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein failed to account when he made his weapons declaration shortly before Operation Iraqi Freedom began last year.

Investigators are trying to determine how insurgents obtained these weapons — whether they were looted or supplied.

http://www.katc.com/Global/story.asp...9&nav=EyAzNBHW

Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

sarin isn't too hard for any one to obtain, neither is mustard gas. Nor is it overly effective (sarin that is), thas the stuff that the japanese millenial cult used in a crowded subway a few years back, less then spectacular results.....tell me when they have anthrax or something equaly hard to obtain/manufacture.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    bballad: As with any of these weapons their effectiveness is directly proportional to the mothod of delivery. If you don't deliver it correctly you get shitty results. With a Sarin type shell the mixing of the two components takes place when the shell is fired and the delivery takes place on impact. If you just blow it up it will be inneffective because the component have not mixed. With the subway incident the delivery method was equally inneffective hence the poor results...... Deliver it correctly and you'll see the expected results.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Well I am keeping an open mind at the moment, two isolated incidents don't really mean anything. We knew they had this stuff, they used them on the Iranians and the Kurds?............Iraq also had a very large army with a high proportion of conscripts and reservists. One round of ammo looks much the same as another to the inexperienced?

I could easily believe that these were storekeeping errors, particularly given the age and poor storage? There are probably dozens if not hundreds of others lying around. Biological and chemical weapons are generally best used fresh, and those are what we are really looking for?

I strongly suspect that anything incriminating was moved to Syria some time ago.

the dilivery method in the sub way was via spray wit hthe componets premixed...what it comes down to is sarin needs a high concentration to be effective, if you don't stand in the cloud of gas it wont heavily affect you....Mstard is much worse but harder to deploy doubtful if one shell would have had any effect.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

sarin isn't too hard for any one to obtain, neither is mustard gas. Nor is it overly effective (sarin that is), thas the stuff that the japanese millenial cult used in a crowded subway a few years back, less then spectacular results.....tell me when they have anthrax or something equaly hard to obtain/manufacture
    Can u get me some...I hate my underqualified teacher.

Delivery and effectiveness aside. We could test the theory about dropping a few shells on a school? Just kidding of course, but you wouldn't do that would you? Why because it's bad. We are talking about Sarin gas, a nerve agent. It does take a large dose to kill you. So what, it's a terror weapon designed to produce mass casualties and strike fear into the enemy. Not to mention it been outlawed by things such as GENEVA CONVENTIONS where; as recently noted in outrage, adhering to that code of conduct is paramount? More important than wining the war it seems, to some.

What one may not understand about Sarin is, you can contract it many ways. Skin contact, where exposed skin will twitch and constrict. Vapor, as noted in the live test some psycho’s did in Japan. One could shell a water supply with contraction being obtained by drinking, or one could contaminate food on the way to a market. What Sarin does is inhibit muscles and glands from shutting down their operation. They just keep going until muscle failure or your own glands kill you. A most likely scenario is the diaphragm, muscle that breaths for you, will fail around a day or so after contacting a decent dosage. A large dosage would take an hour or a few. More likely the real desired would be to terrorize a population into submission. Or in Saddam’s case, his own people.

Sarin is odorless and colorless. A person exposed to a very high dosage will not know for hours unless it is in vapor form. In the mean time he or she can walk around with the stuff all over their clothing and contaminate an entire shopping center, mosque, theatre, unit, or televised beheading. The argument whether it's and effective shell or not is pretty pointless. The issue and concern is, it exists and was setting in wait as part of a roadside trap.

Sarin unlike other nerve agents is very volatile; it can easily evaporate from a liquid to a vapor and expose a massive amount of people to varying degree as it spreads from liquid to vapor form. Small trace amounts over a long period of time would produce the same results of a quick, high dosage concentration. Sarin also takes a while to breakdown, so a repeated shelling of small amounts will add up to the same outcome. It’s nasty ****, not sure how you can argue otherwise.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.