Thread: Phone on PC ???

Smile Phone on PC ???

Goodday.

Could anyone recommend a FREE Downloadable Software that works like a Phone.
    Allow me to make Outgoing call as well as recieve incoming calls.

Would be better if you could recommend one for both OS.

I have a Microphone attached to the PC .

Thanks.
    Will to Learn
    javascript:myimagepopup(300,400,\'\')

there are many to choose from although supporting both OS will be a challenge

Did you try a google search?

OK lets just focus on Windows software.
    I tried skype but that wasnt what i want.

I am trying to call people phones using my PC.
    Is that possible in the first place?

Eg: I can key in 9123456 and i would dial to their home phone.
    Will to Learn

AntiOnline n00b
    Hey

Something like the Phone Dialer in windows OS . If you don't already have it in the

Start-->>Programs->>Accessories-->>Communications-->> Phone Dialer

Then go to the "Add/Remove Programs" in the "Control Panel" . Select The "Windows Setup" tab in the "Add/Remove Programs" Dialog Box , Select "Communications" then click on the "Details" Button, Check the "Phone Dialer" option Then apply ...........It can dial Phone Numbers..

But a Sepcialesed Software for making and Receiving call , i have no idea about any of those .

--Good Luck--

Originally posted here by SwordFish_13
    Hey

Something like the Phone Dialer in windows OS . If you don't already have it in the

Start-->>Programs->>Accessories-->>Communications-->> Phone Dialer

Then go to the "Add/Remove Programs" in the "Control Panel" . Select The "Windows Setup" tab in the "Add/Remove Programs" Dialog Box , Select "Communications" then click on the "Details" Button, Check the "Phone Dialer" option Then apply ...........It can dial Phone Numbers..

But a Sepcialesed Software for making and Receiving call , i have no idea about any of those .

--Good Luck--
    My PC is connected to a AZtech ADSL 4 port router .

When i tried dailing i get this error message:
    Failed: could not connect the call.

I tried the Phone Call Option as well as the Internet call option. Both didnt work.
    Will to Learn

novkhan,
    Perhaps this is what you are looking for.
    The technology - called Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP - uses the Internet to send telephone calls. It's beginning to replace traditional telephone services in homes and businesses around the country, including the South Sound.
    This artical is about an AT&T offering this new service in the Washington state area of the USA, so you would have to google and see if it is offered any where in your area.
    VoIP uses regular phones connected to a broadband line such as a cable modem or digital subscriber line. The conversation is broken into pieces and put back together at the other end of the call. Once the service is installed, it's as cheap as sending an e-mail.
    AT&T's CallVantage Service offers several new features:

•Call Logs tracks incoming and outgoing calling with "click-to-dial" capability.

•Do Not Disturb allows customers to receive calls only when they want, while letting emergency calls ring in.

•Personal Conferencing enables users to set up a meeting with up to nine additional callers.

•Locate Me enables home phones to find customers by ringing up to five different phones all at once or one right after the other.

•Voicemail with eFeatures lets customers hear their messages from any phone or PC and forward the voicemail to anyone on the Web via e-mail.

All that is required for service is a plug-in telephone adapter provided by AT&T, a broadband Internet connection and a regular telephone supplied by the customer. Installation takes about 10 minutes.
    The souce of this artical is here.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    you are looking for this : http://www.skype.com/skype.html

Cheers
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby