Thread: Sasser Following the Usual Pattern

Sasser Following the Usual Pattern

Take a look here for the article. As with most other worms variants "made" by skiddies have begun. I have a feeling this is the usual C/P read a tutorial on how to compile stuff, then do it. Maybe change a few things so it leads right back to them. I still don't get quite why people do this, especially leaving clues as to who they are. The usual "l337 hax0rz" that are showing their friends how "3l337" they are. That pisses me off more than the person who made the original virus. At least they understood what they were doing (for the most part). The greater problem is that it can be a huge pain in the ass for network administrators. Maybe if schools had classes that explained the consequences of doing stuff like this it would help, but doubtful.

-Cheers-

Lol, it wouldn't help at all. The people who modify those worms know what consequences it has, they just don't care.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Oh well. Just a thought. I enjoyed reading Agent Steals article about prison. Not that I know enough to do that, but still. I always thought education helped with prevention. Maybe I'm just wrong...

-Cheers-

They care more about the "fun" and the damages/chaos it would cause WAY more than the reprocussion's. It's sad, and if only they were steered in the right path of trying to prevent these worm's/etc and stopping them instead of coding them, maybe alotta youth wouldn't be influenced into it.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Well it's youth's attitude.
    More than few teenagers look for trills. Temporary things like stealing in stores, taking drugs just cause it's illegal, skipping classes etc. are samples of this. It passes by when they get older (more sense of responsibility). This messingf with worms etc. is just the same.

Until last year I went to a local warehouse which had sucking security where I stole cigs every week and sold them in our school. I did that in huge amounts...until I got caught. I deserved it (obviously). I just thought, well I can get everything for free, why should I buy it. I even stole a bottle of wine once. Now I realise that attitude doesn't make sense, what if everyone would act like that...
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

El-half, I think you are right in saying that is part of a teenagers nature. I think if the press covered virses in such a way that people would be informed, but it wouldn't be a front page, read all about it type of thing. I think people like to see their stuff in the news. Maybe if there were awareness classes for parents (lol, kinda like drug awareness classes). As for the stolen cigs and wine, would you have paid if you legally could? I would have no qualms about actually buying alcohol, but it's illegal. Fortunately I don't have to steal it, but still.

-Cheers-

As for the stolen cigs and wine, would you have paid if you legally could? I would have no qualms about actually buying alcohol, but it's illegal. Fortunately I don't have to steal it, but still.
    I don't really understand what you mean by "would you have paid if you legally could?".
    Anyone of any age can buy cigs here? The same goes for alchohol (in theory you have to be 16 to buy beer and wine and 18 for whisky and stuff but if you're like 14 they won't say anything).

www.elhalf.com

The Recidivist
    Ok, here in America el-half you have to be 18 to buy any kind of tobacco products and 21 for any kind of alcohol. Which is bullshit in my opinion because we can legally be drafted and forced to fight and possibly die by the goverment.

And before someone calls me on it yes I know that once you are official in the milatary you can buy alcohol at 18 from the PX ( and at good prices usually I might say).

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche