Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Help Me!!!

Unhappy Please Help Me!!!

I need help..and I found this page by accident looking for something in search and thought it could help me...about half an hour ago..I was talking on MSN messenger with who I thought was a friend...after a couple of minute talking he tells me it's not my friend, but a friend of my friend....well...we kept talking...I got really mad at him and the last thing he said before he went offline was that I shouldn't talk to him like that because I didn't know who he was....I then proceded to call my friend...he said that who I talked to was no friend...but a hacker....now I'm afaid that because of how I talked to him, he might hack me...and I just survived the SASSER virus...I don't need this now. I'm here because I know nothing of computers. The only protection I have on my computer is Norton Systemworks 2002 and what I know of this is how to do a scan for viruses. My friend said I needed a firewall....I don't know what this is, only that it's for protection, so I know less where to get one and how to put it in my computer. So if some one can help me, THANK YOU!!!

first of all...dont worry. Relax and breathe. Did you direct connect with him by any chance...or receive any files from him? #1, he's most likely not a hacker. your friend connected to MSN through a public computer, MSN saved his username and password, and anyone using that computer could connect through his account without having that information. Have your friend change his password.

Well what you can do if you dont' wanna go buy a firewall, is download a free version of one.
    http://www.simtel.net/product.downlo...s.php?id=53687
    Thats a good free firewall right there. That will give you more protection that what you have right now.

Also I suggest some form of spyware/adware protectiong.
    Ad-aware is a good one
    http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10...age&tag=button

if you need anymore help let me know.
    Also how are you connected to the internet? Cable? DSL? dial up?
    =

Unhappy

Thanks...but it's pretty hard to breath....especially that my screen just turned off....

he is a hacker....my friend knows of computers and he said that yes it is a hacker that by some way hacked his account. He put a firewall but sometimes the guy still gets through.

I didn't accept nothing from him.....can he still hack me???

I'm desperate!!!

Dial up
    I LIKE YOU. When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless...

well download that firewall.

Most of the "hackers" out there couldn't get through a firewall if their life depended on it. Now there are a few that could, but your probably dealing with a script kiddie. lol

Just grab the firewall, install it and you should be ok.
    =

how does your friend know his account was hacked...read my previous post. MSN saves your username and password on all computers that u use. Unless you sign out, and click sign in with different username....his account could be saved anywhere he has used it...and anyone using that computer could log on with his name.

does that come with instructions or something?
    I LIKE YOU. When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless...

Originally posted here by Cybr1d
    how does your friend know his account was hacked...read my previous post. MSN saves your username and password on all computers that u use. Unless you sign out, and click sign in with different username....his account could be saved anywhere he has used it...and anyone using that computer could log on with his name.

yes I know that....about msn....
    I don't know how he knows...but he does...

Its pretty straightforward.

Just download and doubleclick it.
    Then a wizard will guide you through it.
    =