Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRI.exe?

TRI.exe?

Can anyone tell me what this adware does...I can't get rid of it.

Talking

Where did you see that it was adware? All I'm coming up with is links to a DOS game, and database applications???

Oh, and welcome to AO.

The Norton anti-virus scan found it and a message says it was an adware...It said do I want to delete it...press delete...then it says can't delete.

Thanks for the welcome.

Hmm... that's interesting...Norton detects Adaware? I didn't know that...Do a Google for it, exactly as you typed it...see if anything results you come up with relates to any applications you may have. A couple links I found said it was a program to access a database.....

It's possible that some type of malware uses it....

Try booting in safe mode, then run you virus scan. See if it allows you to delete it then. Maybe someone else will have a line on it.

Regal Making Handler
    Hmm... that's interesting...Norton detects Adaware?
    Groovicus,

I'm not sure when Norton Started detecting adaware but the do With Nav 20004.

Maybe we are seing a false possitive?

Perhaps Nav is trying to be the jack of all trades and master of none?
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

The thought of a false positive was in the back of my mind, but you never know these days. That's why I wanted him to Google first and see if he had any of the apps listed.

Well, might be that or if it says it can't delete you could also try running the task manager because it probably won't delete because it's in use. So I would goto the task manager and look for TRI.exe if end task then run Norton AV. Otherwise it would be as jinxy says.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Thanks for the help. In my task manager the TRI.exe shows up three times...I unchecked them all and restarted in safe mode...used the anti-virus scanner...tried to delete it and it still wouldn't delete...restarted in normal mode and checked the task manager, now there's a fourth TRI.exe that's checked on...the other three are still checked off. I checked on Google but with no luck...Norton says it's an Adware:Statblaster...I went to symantec and it says the same thing but nothing that tells you how to get rid of it.

Regal Making Handler
    In my task manager the TRI.exe shows up three times...I unchecked them all and restarted in safe mode...
    What task manager would that be. I have never seen the task manager you could check anything in.

End process, maybe.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry