Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Israel finally about to be stopped?

Banned

Is Israel finally about to be stopped?

"Operation Rainbow" (the operation where Israel is "securing" the Israel-Egypt border by tearing down Palestinian settlements in the Gazah-strip) looks like it's finally about to backfire on Israel.
    After more than 50 Palestinians got killed in the last couple of days, the UN proposed a resolution against Operation Rainbow, calling it an illegal act of war (the Gazah strip is Palestinian, not Israelian), but the US vetoed the resolution (it's US policy to always veto resolutions against their allies).
    That may finally turn, though... a UN resolution now finally condemns the recent violence (if memory serves, this is the first resolution against Israel... numerous other ones always got vetoed by the US): the US didn't veto the resolution (they didn't vote).
    Did someone finally get rid of the blindfolds?
    Any thoughts?

Ithink the US may finaly be getting sick of the israllies makeing us the targets....
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Banned
    "making us the targets"... you aren't Palestinian by any chance, are you?

Nope, but the israle attacks on the palistinians make the US a traget as we are rightly seen as a major supporter of isrial in the world.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

I think it may be more to avoid the extra attention that it would bring. As soon as the Iraqi prisoner scandle blows over I am sure that US will go back to using it Veto to support Isreal. Then again I may be wrong.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

What group is targeting us because of our support for Isreal? Ever listened to a speech made by Al Quida? Or Organization of the Opressed earth, or Islamic Jihad : Hassan Izz-al-Din, West German Red Army faction, French Direct Action, Abu Nidal Organization, Ezzedine Kassam, Islamic Movement for Change, Combatant Partisans of God, Tigers of the Gulf, etc.

Hezbollah and the Palestine Liberation Organization (of which the revered and victimized Arafat is known) have attacked Americans. Perhaps because of Isreal, or perhaps because Americans make their mark, in that when an American gets killed the coverage they desire is mulitplied. Another famous American Palestine attack is Pan Am. Was it about Isreal when the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine blew up Flight 103 over Scotland? Perhaps indirectly, this one was because the US shot down a passenger jet thought to be a military plane. It was a "revenge"attack. Non of the rest to my knowledge are related to the Palestein conflict. Except to mention it in passing once in a while to drum up anti isreal support in US politics. They play with your head. Make you think "If we just stop supporting Isreal and let the Arabs enslave them. We will be safe" Their cause is not generally related to Isreal at all. But take in what you will.

//edit

Almost forgot, I want to say something that is obvious by the postings I see here. Many of these groups who get warmed up to by liberal Americans are there to STOP peace between Isreal and Palestine. Take Hezballah for example. They are an ally of Iran, where their orders come from. Goal: interupt negotiations between Isreal and Palestine. They want Isreal eliminated, peace is not and option. Praise Allah?
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

And Israel began respecting UN resolutions....when?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    Wasn't the Lockerbie bombing the work of Libyans? I know at one point the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine was a suspect, but I think they got cleared...
    The aircraft shot down by the US was Iranian (the US were providing Iraq with military support in their ongoing war with Iran... lol).

Never mind... interesting read...

I remember it backwards. It was Libyans that were first accused but they were traced to the Palestine’s. Kadafi held them up in Libya until the Late 1990s (1999) when he released them. I can do some more research though. The problem with the planes getting shot down is: the whole area was in chaos and that wasn’t the only mishap. Sad but true.

//edit Saw the "never mind" later.

Last I hear the US State Dept. was saying it was a Palestine plane, maybe it was registered to Iran, but the Palestine’s did bomb Pan Am because of it, so I guess it was full of Palestine’s?

Funny you should mention the article I read it and was reminded that Semtex was used and it was the Czechoslovakian old regime who gave Kadafi 1000 tons of the barely traceable stuff. Tons!
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Originally posted here by bballad
    Ithink the US may finaly be getting sick of the israllies makeing us the targets....

Originally posted here by bballad
    Nope, but the israle attacks on the palistinians make the US a traget as we are rightly seen as a major supporter of isrial in the world.
    Major, try ...................
    1949-2004 Total

Military Assistance
    $64.4 Billion
    Economic Assistance
    $35.6 Billion
    Total Assistance
    $100 Billion

http://www.usembassy-israel.org.il/p...ssistance.html