Thread: i got a virus.

i got a virus.

week ago i downloaded some games..
    so i got a virus "trojan hource downloader" and "trojan hource recuiwer".
    when i log in to windows then comes a messeage "u got trojan hourse downloader
    display, anable"
    and wen i did the virus scan whit northon anti virus and it doesn´t work.. Why?
    and i tryed a whit "spybot" to ,but that didn´t help eather..
    what i sholud ??
    HELLO [[glowpurple]\\=)[/glowpurple] [

You have two (2) options to try. Actually, I would do both.
    1) Download the latest definitions for your antivirus. Boot into safe mode. Then run your antivirus.
    2) Go to Trend Microsystems and use their free online virus scan, called housecall: http://www.trendmicro.com/en/home/us/personal.htm

Good luck.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

thank u i´ll try it ..
    HELLO [[glowpurple]\\=)[/glowpurple] [

if its a trojan, download theCleaner, from MooSoft and update it...then scan your computer with it.

http://www.moosoft.com/

I have a virus that will not let you run norton, and when I try to go to Trendmicro. It tells me a version is already running. Then all matter of secruity pop ups start dumping on my pc. I was able to do a live update on norton, but had to go in safe mode to run the scan. I did not find anything on there to tell me what the virus was....

I am going to try to run the cleaner and see if that helps, but does anyone have an idea what virus this could be so I can clean it off. If this program doesn't find it. It has happened on a 98 machine and a XP machine...Same thing both times..lots of pop ups, and unable to run trendmicro or any other virus software. I have checked the lastest virus on trend and norton, but have not been able to find the files or settings in the registry that fit there description..

thnx for any info...

Please do this.
    Download 'Hijack This!'. http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip
    Unzip to a convenient permanent folder, double click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Paste the log here, and let us see what is going on.