Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thru The Hacker's Eyes

Thru The Hacker's Eyes

Hello All,

What does a hacker see onscreen when he is hacking your computer? What would a screenshot of his screen look like?

How does a hacker acquire your computer, assuming you have broadband? Does the hacker fire viruses at you like bullets in real time? Can you avoid attacks from a certain individual by not being online at the same time the hacker is?

Thanks for your input.

Banned
    Depending on what the hacker is using to gain access is waht he sees, most of the time it is a simple command line, noen of these flashy graphics you often see in the movies.

There are MANY ways that a hacker can gain access to your computer, the things you need to worry about is having an up to date virus scanner, and probably a decent firewall will help out too. Try to keep your operating system as up to date as possible w. system updates, and read up on newsletters such as the ones on security focus about new threats.

good luck.

the screenshot all crackers would like to see is:

root@yourcomputer you #

....... background and text colour optional !!

But seriously, as stated, most I would imagine would use a text based console, although it would be conceivable that with a X Session hack, the screenshot would be exactly what you would normally be looking at.

Interesting question...

I have found during various demonstrations and explainations of what a hacker/cracker is or does, most people are bored. Media and pop culture are very powerful in their ability to project images. A few minutes reading "smashing the stack" and you have to wake people up.....

Yeah, like Dome said it's usually a simple command line. It all is dependant on how they gained entry. If they used netBIOS to access their file's, it would look pretty simplistic with just a MS-DOS prompt. It's all on what exploit they used.
    Space For Rent.. =]

well port scanners, vuln scanners, Trojan Clients...are also a few things a hacker can have open while attacking someone.

Trojan Clients
    I think the man said 'Hacking' . But that's true too, a hacker could have various tool's and whatnot in the process of a hack. I agree though mostly with Dome that it's usually some form of a command line.
    Space For Rent.. =]

They can obtain a screenshot if thats what your asking. Ummmm..... if they feel like messing around with the http://www.olivegarden.com/ I'm sure they can obtain a remote screen of the http://www.squirrelsystems.com/press/pr/May1703.html software . Basically they are limited to the actuall system, programming skills and needs. I guess it just saves resources on both sides to obtain everything through text. Quicker? Your guess is as good as mine. I guess it all boils down to the need of the situation.

Bah...

Most buffer overflow exploits you just enter (ip) + (port) under command promt then deppending on some rare occasions... lets say if its a program that can be exploited but (same vulnerabilities different OS/versions?) then in most cases like that you'll need to enter other things or take like 2 versions of the same buffer overflow. After some part of memory is corrupted or what ever you should be greeted with something like a remote shell. Just think of something like... telnet://hackerslab.org only without a username and password needed.

After you do that you'll want to check your privilages to that PC. If its not in full you'll want to install local exploits to boost privilages. After that you can pretty much install whatever trojan you want for access later. I beleave what you are looking for is something like full mouse control along with (screen dumps) which is every few seconds it makes a image appear on the client... where as screen shots are just that. It just makes a little bmp of what's happening.

Can you avoid attacks from a certain individual by not being online at the same time the hacker is?
    Yes you can avoid alot by getting yourself a pet rock and never touch another computer agian. As for "not being online at the same time" ummm... ever heard of automated attacks, social engineering, takeing advantage locally, & (ect)?

The screen can been seen using RAT (remote admin tools) one example of this although i dont think its classed as a RAT is windows remote desktop, have a play with it...Im not sure whether there were any exploits with it but if its enaled on the host you can log in and see there desktop.

i2c