Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Message Boards

1. There is a way to turn off the email notificatin functionality in the admin panel. You would have to have a mail server setup (SMTP), something I have never done. That's what will give you errors.
    2. No clue
    3. http://www.phpbb.com/styles/ or download gimp or get photoshop and learn how to edit the graphics yourself. Then you can learn how to edit the code to move stuff around.

1. not familiar with the board system your using but in any i have come across there should be an option in the admin panel to turn user (email) authentication off - enable that on your test one as you dont need to authenticate accounts your creating to test it

2. you will need to install the script on to a new database on your host - normally most paid hosts have a control panel where you can set up your databases etc - set one up trough it and then install the script much the same way as youve done just with the new information (database name etc) I doubt you'll ahve command line access to dbases and you will only be able to access your dbases same as anyone else won't be able to access yours.

3. what soda said

v_Ln

sounds good, i had email authentication diabled already(by default) and it still has the error. i think ill take the email question over to phpbb.com