Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AO Newsletter #13: Delayed...

how bout a 'further discussion' forum on the articles for the previous month. some sort of recognition at ao instead of just download and forget.

How 'bout a secret MsMittens decoder ring
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I think it would be an idea to try and get the writers to learn something and write the tut as they learn. What I am saying is kinda what tedob is saying, make a overall theme and then give topics for the newsletter or better yet questions. I would write if I could learn at the same time. Right now I am reading a big hucking book "Maximum Security," that I really haven't learned anything new from, so there isn't too much that I could write about other than the history of everything or general practices to keeping a system safe.

Ohh, you could also put in a conference list, upcoming events, product reviews, Vulnerabilities of the moment, RSS threads, 101 ways to destroy a computer (one an issue), ending tid-bit on how to protect your system.

ooh, that just spills content. For the next newsletter, at least put in the last two:
    Way #045:
    Take out or put in the computer's processer with a claw hammer
    and
    And remember, programs don't update themselves. Whatever OS you are running, be sure to check for updates on your critical applications and OS fairly regularly. For Windows, most programs that need it are almost automated. For Linux, use urpmi, apt-get, or set up a cron job.
    The RSS thread of the week could be Antionline's very own
    For product reviews, whatever. All I have looked at recently is a program called Samurize. Very cool desktop app for all platforms that can be modded to monitor freaking anything. Amazingly easy to program for. I can write a tutorial for how I made mine if you want.

Also, app of the week. For windows and linux (max sorry, I don't use you [max = macs]). For windows, the powertoy set from microsoft which features an amazing multiple desktop app. For linux, wget the best downloading program on the net.

And graphics all freaking over the place. You could feature a desktop of the week/month. I believe negative started a thread about that and got like 100+ replies.

Interveiws if you can get them would be cool (but hard to come by). Say people in the IT field: what they do, how they do it, what all the did/learned to get where they are, tips from them. This could be accomplished by sending an email with some questions to people. They hate answering bug questions, but they love gloating so this should actually be pretty easy just as long as whoever is interviewing makes sure to tell them they are going to be featured in a published source.

Okay, I have said enough. I will get to work on providing you with at least a few of these idea.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    From the comment by Lansing_Banda:
    Interviews: the membership has John Draper, aka Captain Crunch,
    was reading a thread which included his comments last night:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=244145

In it he was talking about his latest battle against SPAM.
    Perhaps ask him for some more details.........

As for reviews, how about a one off thread, where people can post there ideas, reviews etc, for a straw poll, the AP's give SOME indication. Thread can be cleared, deleted as required by MsM or the moderators.

Take an older tutorial, some of the more esoteric ones, to give them a more public viewing.......

My 2c worth
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

AO French Antique News Whore
    Quick Suggestion : Why is the Newsletter doesn't take the best of the best tutorial since the last NewsLetter?

I would feel bad if that RainBox Table Tutorial would never show in a AO NewsLetter!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

We could add a TV guide and posters wives section to drive up ratings.

I might also suggest that horse racing is very popular these days.

I would be willing to pose topless for the next issue if it helps.

Keep up the good work mittens and I look forward to the finished article. !!!!