Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have Avirus

Unhappy I have Avirus

i have avirus in my coumputer and he disable the " Ctrl Alt Del " function (i have win XP ) how can i reenable it ?!

Hi, NasRat,

Please boot into safe mode (F8 when the operating system is loading) and run your antivirus application. Make sure that you have updated it first.

Let me know the names of the viruses it finds.

Cheers

Please accept mt apologies for my bad manners......it is your first post.............welcome to AO

The virus, or "malware" is trying to defend itself

Good day,

I believe it was the "liek" virus awhile back that could do that, but hey, there's probably many more now that can as well. One of the first obvious things you need to do is get rid of the virus if you haven't already. There's many Anti-Virus Programs: www.google.com and you'll find one. I am currently using AVG. It's a free one and updates frequently. Hasn't let me down yet.

As far as restoring your key functions you have lost, assuming you're not on a network and it's your own computer this should do it: (if I wrong someone bail me out please)

To Enable or Disable the CTRL+ALT+DELETE Sequence

Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.

Click the Advanced tab.

In the Secure logon section, select or clear the Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete check box.

edit: wow you folks are fast...lol

If this is not your personnal computer and if you are on a network, make sure your system administrator is aware of the problems.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Your actually are not infected with a virus but a worm. The worm's handle is GAOBOT this is the nasty worm that when you press control + alt + delete it will not bring up the Windows task manager to allow you to disable this service. When a customer calls and infected with GAOBOT we automatically refer them to the vendor.
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...m+%27gaobot%27

After you run the software I highly recommend downloading the patches to fix this issue. Hope this helps. Computernerd22

Hi,

The next step is to go to:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp

And run the free online virus scanner. Remember to put an x in the "repair/clean" box.

Is your computer on its own or connected to others............if it is connected to others, they probably have the same infection.

What antivirus and firewall programs are you running?

Cheers

nihil : My AV is not working , i think that i have another virusis running in my PC , in another accounts i can use crtl alt del , i tries AVG but its terial , and didnt work , i tries installing NAV 2k4 but it didnt install it ..
    Relyt : i didnt find the Advance Tab ..
    ohh and this is my personal computer ..
    Computernerd22 : the symantic Goabot Fix tool didnt find anything ..

i know .. i need 2 format my PC just i have exams Now , i have no time 4 formating and reinstalling all .....

all i ask now is 2 get this "ctrl+ald+del" work ...

Hay Nasrat

One question at first. Do you have an antivirus actually installed? When not go www.downloads.com there you will find alot of downloads and such downloads which are antivirus related. You should also get a Firewall e.g. Zone Alarm which is for free.

ohh and i forget 2 say that m trying 2 get some Gtbot work ... maybe this is the reason , i opened somebot in my computer and the bot disabled it .. when i press crtl ald del is says :
    " The manager has been disabled by your Administrator" ...

the last bot i tried 2 work with was : "EPiC BoT V1" .. is a GTbot ...

i have no AV .. the avg is out of time ... and the NAV is not installing ... i tried installing the zone alarm pro. but it disabled all the internet connection ( i know how 2 use it , i used it alot in the past ) ... when its installed (it dont need 2 be run) it disabled all the internet connection in my internet except the iexplorer ... the mIRC , msn messenger , bittorent .... All of them havnt work `till i unistalled it ..

and if installed some firewall ... i dont think that it will enable my "ctrl+alt+del" function