Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back With A Vengance

Back With A Vengance

Hello All Once Again,

I know you will not remember me, but I was posting here very often about 6 -7 mo. ago. However, I decided to take a break off of "real computing" and started to focus more on 3D animation and graphics. However I just recently purchased a book called "Hackers Tales: Stories From the Electronic Frontline" (written by Dr. K). This book turned my interest back the internet and network security. I am still extremely new to the security area but I am trying. I have just purchased another book called; "The Unofficial Guide to Ethical Hacking (Written by Ankit Fadia)." I am amazed at the wealth of information out there and the how much there still is to learn. I have been visiting alot of other forums and chats on the web and for some reason I always come back to Anti-Online. I want to congratulate all of you on making this a wonderful place to learn about security. I will once again begin posting on here but more so I will be doing alot of reading, reading and more reading.

I want to take this time to reiterate and thank all the knowledgable people here to guide us newbies as opposed to flaming us.

Thanks,

Adiz

Banned
    "The Unofficial Guide to Ethical Hacking (Written by Ankit Fadia)
    First Advice here: Throw the book away ! search google why, there is thread about it here, i cant find it now....

"Hackers Tales: Stories From the Electronic Frontline" (written by Dr. K).
    I'm reading that too. Actually I'm almost done with it. Its not too bad... seeing that its just a bunch of stories. Its different... thats about all I can say about it.

Most of the stories are from s.kiddies or former s.kiddies... so it gives you a better glimpse into their world...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Memory you are right, I am sure the stuff I am reading is already outdated, and I realize that. However, these two books have created a thirst for knowledge and I have already started searching information on the internet. I do like these books because I like learning the history of the subject and then I can more easily understand the present and future. But yes, Memory I already have started working on my own information and slowly compiling my own arsenal of tools.

Adiz

Ummm, security books written by Ankit Fadia are like Windows manuals written by Linus Torvalds.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

phish - Dr. K is a horrible writer in my opinion but he has alot of cool stories and that is about it. I just sorta wanted to start learning from the ground up. He kinda repeats himself alot so it is sorta annoying but I liked it.

Adiz

adiz: Those stories are not Dr. K's stories. They are stories submitted by so called "hackers".

Its not Dr. K's writing that you don't like... it's all the s.kiddies.

Dr. K only compiled a book of "hacker" tales...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Oh my bad then. I knew that they weren't his stories but I thought he rewrote them. So yeah, I guess I retract my statement.

- Adiz

Hate to sound like a dick, but can I ask why the "Back With A Vengeance" thing?
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    I think I remember you Adiz, welcome back man.