Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help understanding MD5 and Crypt Hex

Help

Whats is MD5 password ?!
    and what crypt hex is ??

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~mabzug1/cs/md5/md5.html

1st link of googling "md5"

please do some research and you will find a lot of tutorials.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

It seems the people who are here are only good for sending new people to google. Did you learn from google when you started? Why can you not answer him?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    strandedthinker, I've learned a lot from there. The ability for one to empower themselves goes a long way compared to me asking someone else to answer the question for me. I think that giving negs was a little too much.

NasRat, I've renamed your thread. Help is a little too generic. People are willing to help and want to help if a) your specific in your thread title as to what you are looking for b) if you've done a little research beforehand and perhaps need further clarification. There is nothing wrong with trying to understand something and unfortunately having documents that aren't clear, thus needing more clarification.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

because i wont write i big tutorial here when there is ton of it on google , written by diferent people, with diferent skills.
    And yes, i allways try to look for myself first before ask. on google, library, whatever.
    Maybe im wrong, but is my way..

BTW i put the link to allow him to go there and take a look.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

then what purpose for this site if all you need is google?

Originally posted here by strandedthinker
    Well, the purpose of this site is NOT to spoon feed you, but to help you if you don't understand a concept, or have a problem that is not easily fixed.

You are sounding like we owe it to you to answer any idiotic question that you can come up with. Personally, I have a lot better things to do with my time.

Speaking of which, you have posted twice in this thread - complaining- and not even offered any thing usefull.

If you wish to be spoon fed all the time, go to this site and they will spoon feed you.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    For all the things that google can't answer. Not everything is in google but one should start there. If the answer is too complicated or doesn't fit (some situations are specific to the hardware/network configuration) then bring it here.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by strandedthinker
    This question is about as dense as your username purports. What AO is, and is not for, is clearly stated on the main web page where you login. This information is explained in more detail in the FAQs to which you are referenced to on, guess what, the same web page.

If you are serious about becoming a security professional you have to be able to learn on your own. If you are confused about a subject or have a puzzleing occurence on your network, AO members will be glad to give advice and assistance. But don't expect AO to be your mother, and don't expect AO to leave apron strings hanging around for you to cling onto.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Originally posted here by moxnix

Speaking of which, you have posted twice in this thread - complaining- and not even offered any thing usefull.
    [/B]
    Speaking of which, none of you have answered his question.