Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conservative/Liberal

Question Conservative/Liberal

do Techies tend to be more conservative or liberal in their politics?
    is there a trend? Most of the ones I know tend to be more conservative? not sure why that is? what do you guys think and where do you stand?
    Romans 7:14-20
    14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Personally, I have never liked the right/left labeling. And for me, it depends on what issue we are talking about. I might be conservative on one while liberal on anouther. Or, not even care about a third.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I don't know about techies in general. Perhaps techies responsible for maintaining websites or LAN/WAN etc... where a breach would cost them their job. Kind of understandable where most of them would think conservative. Such as consequences for your actions.

Anyways, you might want to have this thread moved into Cosmos. I can easily see it turning into a flame war.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Perhaps real techies are more critical in their thinking process, thus more conservative in politics.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Humm from road and spy, your arguments point towards more liberal...they are responsable, take responsability for there action, ect...not conservative traits...... Honestly probably depends on the area you live in around me most techies are liberal...it also depends on the feild, most open source guys are liberal...also depends on when they got in, most job changers are get rich quick types and tend to be wannabe conservatives, most desigenrs are wannabe liberals.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Since when have conservatives not been responsible? If anything it's liberals who are less responsible.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Humm from road and spy, your arguments point towards more liberal...they are responsable, take responsability for there action, ect...not conservative traits...... Honestly probably depends on the area you live in around me most techies are liberal...it also depends on the feild, most open source guys are liberal...also depends on when they got in, most job changers are get rich quick types and tend to be wannabe conservatives, most desigenrs are wannabe liberals.
    And where are these statistics coming from? I'd consider myself more of a "common sense" politician, although I'm more on the conservative side. I tend to read other's threads and see who knows what they're talking about, and who's talking out of their asses even though they know they're wrong. "Some" liberals, will not accept the truth if it hit em across the face with a baseball bat, and continue to argue it senselessly with empty or vague information.... thats just my opinion. Some people dont even know what they are....they just blindly accept any infromation they get...I.E. NewsPapers and News on TV. Unfortunately a majority of journalists out there are Liberal, a majority of professors in universities or colleges where they teach journalism are liberal as well...hence you get a shitload of em out there. (see a trend?)

they are responsable, take responsability for there action, ect...not conservative traits......
    Well I consider myself sorta liberal, but very conservative on some issues. BBallad: you gotta admit, as much as the two of us dislike Bush and his cronies that is not really a fair statement to say that republicans in general are do not take responsibility for their actions and are not responsible.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I go all over the place and meet techies all the time. They are almost always conservative in thinking and liberal in action. Some are abstract thinkers, but to program effectively abstract doesn't work. I wasn't pointing fingers just making and observation. Logical versus emotional response to input. Good analysts can do both pretty well, being an expert on neither abstract or logical thinking in my reference crtitical = logical. To stereotype one to extremes isn't logical for example. I could definitely hi jack the thread and go down that road. Most youth tend to be liberal, rebelian against anything logical is the food of youth.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Good posts!
    I tend to think Liberals are more oriented towards personal responsability. A moire liberal outlook seems to want the government to give handouts and make more provisions for those that dont want to work for it? I am not saying both dont have their positive aspects. I have found however that most techs i know are more conservative in thinking.
    Romans 7:14-20
    14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.