Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picture Problems

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

Picture Problems

hi, when i log on to AO where there should be pictures/logos etc... there is white boxes with a square with X's in it... it will still say the words like for example it still says "New Posts" but where there should be a picture or logo there is a white box with an X in it... i right click and press "Show Picture" but nothing happens! what is wrong??
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Do you use any proxies or filtering programs?

Hi Tex,

If it isn't a temporary internet glitch the two most likely causes are:

1. Advert blocker, probably set to too small an image size.
    2. Somehow your file associations for .gif/.jpg files have gotten screwed up.

What browser are you using?

Cheers

IM using IE with win xp without any filtering programs or proxies...
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Texan,
    You might have your permissions (under IE>Tools>Internet Options) set to not show images. Or it is possible that you have tweeked you system to not show HTML content but only plain text. Also you could have your system set for maximum speed versus appearance and that could be causing you to drop images.

To check this quickly, restore your system to a previous date when every thing worked right, and write the setting that are there down. Then undo the restore and compare them with what you have now.

Correct as needed or wanted.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I have MS java applet running and i also have Sun's java program running... could that be the problem? because i checked my preferences and i didnt see anything else out of the norm...
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Hi Tex,

I think you may have your own answer. I had a problem with M$ Jave corruption, and it was only when I uninstalled it, and only the Sun one was running that the AO site worked properly again.

Cheers

i will uninstall the M$ version of java and see what happens.... if i still have problems i will let u know but, thanx
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I accidently uninstalled M$ version of java and Sun's version of java! i only meant to get rid of the M$ version, i tried re downloading java but it gives me a "page not found" error i really need java how do i go about getting it?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted