Thread: CD Drive warrenty?

CD Drive warrenty?

I was wondering if warrentys on CD drives are jsut for electronical problems only or does it cover phyisical damage to? I was reading my warrenty paper and it only says 6 month warrenty that it. I am sick right now so i can not go to the store where i purchased it at and see so iw as wondering if anyone has had same problem?

Oh by the way i dropped that is waht happened SHHH....lol
    Yah it like cracked the tray and it works but it bugs me...LOL but yah hope they will replace it?

THX

Any manufacturer's warranty I have seen has only been for electro-mechanical failure.

The only way you would get accidental damage is if you paid with a credit card. I would try to repair it with superglue.

You could bring it back to the store and tell them that it was that way when you took it out of the box. 9 times out of 10 they will exchange it, if it is within a few days of the purchase.

If it is longer than three days I don't think they will but you could always just tell them you are buliding a computer and you had to wait for the harddrive or motherboard etc to come in before you could test it

Dead, I think he's had it for over 6 months.

jr05,

A manifacturer's warranty usually takes care of problems that have to do with the manifacturing of the product, pretty much defective from start. Accidental damage usually is not covered by the manifacturers, but you could try calling the store you bought it from. Sometimes on purchases like this, most compouter store will offer a store warranty for you...and its usually like $15 dollars for 1-2 years.

Nihil,

If you buy something with a credit card, you automatically get a warranty on the product that you buy? I know some credit cards offer it as a promotion for you to sign up for them, but I'm not sure if they all do it.

Not all credit card companies do that, I am sure more and more credit cards will either implement that option into their cardholders agreement for nothing or just offer it with a small fee.
    If the drive is more than six months old then I would just stick with it.