Thread: Surgery self-taught

Surgery self-taught

Woman performs Caesarean section on self

RIO TALEA, Mexico -- Alone in her one-room cabin high in the mountains of southern Mexico, Ines Ramirez Perez felt the pounding pains of a child insistent on entering the world.

Three years earlier, she had given birth to a dead baby girl. As her labor intensified, so did her concern for this unborn child.

The sun had set hours ago. The nearest clinic was more than 50 miles away over rough terrain and inhospitable roads, and her husband, her only assistant during a half-dozen previous births, was drinking at a cantina. She had no phone and neither did the cantina.

So at midnight, after 12 hours of constant pain, the petite, 40-year-old mother of six sat down on a low wooden bench. She took several gulps from a bottle of rubbing alcohol, grabbed the 6-inch knife she used for butchering animals and pointed it at her belly.

And then she began to cut.

Under the light of a single dim bulb, Ramirez sawed through skin, fat and muscle before reaching inside her uterus and pulling out her baby boy. She says she cut his umbilical cord with a pair of scissors, then passed out.

That was March 5, 2000. Today, the baby she delivered, Orlando Ruiz Ramirez, is a rambunctious, playful 4-year-old. And Ines Ramirez is recognized internationally as a modern miracle. She is believed to be the only woman known to have performed a successful Caesarean section on herself.

for the rest of the story:

http://www.sltrib.com/2004/May/05302...n_w/171054.asp
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    I think im gonna puke ..... but i do have to say, that the woman is damn brave ....

That's my mama...yesss,

Banned
    That's my mama...yesss,
    so you're that rambunctious, playful 4-year-old. she delievered ?

Frightening, actually. That blade missed me by half an inch,
    and I have this huge belly button. But who's to complain...

hi,hi