Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi ~~everyone

A question about sur the internet!!

What is the difference between NAT and ICS, and how do I implement NAT ,thx~

ps:I am a newbie from China(PRC), and I want to make many many friends here , my msn is:
    tomyahoo@hotmail.com, Please join me ...

Banned
    uuhh i would like to neg you so bad, but it's your first post so im gonna cut you some slack...first of all you're gonna make friends on the board and not only via a messanger...first on the board, then switch to AIM, MSN like i did with some members, second of all, this forum is called " Newbie Security Questions" even though it says Secuirty, most of them arent secuirty related, but at least they are questions, your posts is not even a question, so please read the site FAQ http://www.antionline.com/misc.php?s=&action=faq and some or all of the stickies in each forum....but before you do that, delete this thread (click on edit and check the delete box and click submit or save .... then go to Roll Call or the General Chit Chat forum and post this stuff again, or ask one of the mods (MsMittens or Negative to move this thread to one of the forums listed) . Whew, you better appricate me for typing all this

Hello TomYahoo. What's china like. I'm tired so I am going to sleep. Good night!
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Originally posted here by MemorY
    uuhh i would like to neg you so bad, but it's your first post so im gonna cut you some slack...first of all you're gonna make friends on the board and not only via a messanger...first on the board, then switch to AIM, MSN like i did with some members, second of all, this forum is called " Newbie Security Questions" even though it says Secuirty, most of them arent secuirty related, but at least they are questions, your posts is not even a question, so please read the site FAQ http://www.antionline.com/misc.php?s=&action=faq and some or all of the stickies in each forum....but before you do that, delete this thread (click on edit and check the delete box and click submit or save .... then go to Roll Call or the General Chit Chat forum and post this stuff again, or ask one of the mods (MsMittens or Negative to move this thread to one of the forums listed) . Whew, you better appricate me for typing all this
    Forgive me I went to lunch just now and my poor English, but anyway, I try to understand what ur mean , I 'm sure I will follow the rules in this forum ,at last, I will move or delete it
    soon.
    ps: Please give me ur msn, pretty girl and my houred the lord of the forum?

ROFLOL at pretty girl....what say MemorY?
    And tomyahoo,you'd be well advised to put posts like this in the Roll Call forum
    and oh,welcome to AO

EDIT:umm tomyahoo..keep posting in here and you'll prolly wind up getting negged..the Newbies Security Questions forum's primarily for asking questions and not introducing yourself

Originally posted here by Lansing_Banda
    Hello TomYahoo. What's china like. I'm tired so I am going to sleep. Good night!
    hello, guy, I am so pleased to introduce China to u, but after that it's ur turn
    Now,it is afternoon in China, sunny, maybe over 30 degree centigrade outside, I am tomyahoo
    report the weather report in Beijing,
    and What's China like? I think it is difficult to speak in several words, anyway, I think China
    is like a young man ,full of energy,

Originally posted here by therenegade
    ROFLOL at pretty girl....what say MemorY?
    And tomyahoo,you'd be well advised to put posts like this in the Roll Call forum
    and oh,welcome to AO
    hi, I think it is a mystery country and a wondful place,humm...maybe one day , I am really
    in AO ,please treat me and welcome to China and I treat u.
    May I ask a question, what does ROFLOL mean?

e..how can I change the headline? I want to change it to "a question from China", please, the
    Lord help me ,thx....

AntiOnline n00b
    Originally posted here by tomyahoo
    What is the difference between NAT and ICS, and how do I implement NAT ,thx~
    Difference between ICS and NAT

To connect a windows 2000/2003 network to the Internet, you may use one of two methods: ICS and NAT. Both ICS and NAT provide translation, addressing, and name resolution services to the network hosts.

ICS is designed to provide a single step of configuration (a single check box) on the computer running Windows 2000/2003 to provide a translated connection to Internet for all of the hosts on the network. However, once enabled, Internet connection sharing does not allow further configuration beyond the configuration of applications and services on the network.

NAT routing protocol is designed to provide maximum flexibility in the configuration of the computer running Windows 2000 Server to provide a translated connection to Internet. NAT requires more configuration steps; however, each step of the configuration is customizable. The NAT protocol allows for ranges of IP addresses from ISP and the configuration of the range of IP addresses allocated to the network hosts.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...uy/cg0601.mspx

ps:I am a newbie from China(PRC), and I want to make many many friends here , my msn is:
    tomyahoo@hotmail.com, Please join me ... [/B]
    Have you tried http://www.friendster.com/index.jsp iT would be lot easier To Make friends there........As far as i know these guys (and specially Gurls) are not at all friendly here

I will move or delete it soon.[/i]
    Waiting.........Waiting.........Waiting............ok Don't Bother now Some of the Mods will Soon Move it for you...

ps: Please give me ur msn, pretty girl and my houred the lord of the forum?
    Hoild on a second Pretty Boy we were here First.You wnt her Get in a Queue...... And we are still trying to Figure out MemorY's sex

how can I change the headline? I want to change it to "a question from China", please, the
    Ask a Moderator to Do that .......Send Them a PM and State the Reson may be they will Do it for you

in AO ,please treat me and welcome to China and I treat u
    Welcome to AO

May I ask a question, what does ROFLOL mean?
    Rolling On The Floor Laughing I guess......i may be wrong

--Good Luck---

Please give me ur msn, pretty girl and my houred the lord of the forum?
    That's my wife your talking about.

EDIT:

ROFL=Rolling On the Floor Laughing.

ROFLOL= Rolling On the Floor Laughing Out Loud

ROFLMAO= Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off

LOL= Laughing Out Loud

And so on...
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.