Thread: Bill Cosby - Speaks Out!

Lightbulb Bill Cosby - Speaks Out!

I applaud Bill Cosby for recognizing the problem among the Black community. The sad part is that blacks are split about 50/50 on the issue, thus Cosby will probably be labled as a "homogonized nigger" by the black community as Colin Powell was. Yes there is still racism/discrimination in America, and it goes in both directions. However, injustices brought upon your ancestors, is no excuse for young blacks not taking hold of educational opportunities. IMHO it all boils down to a lack of morals, a lack of parental guidance, low expectations of success, and condoning laziness as acceptable behavior. The black community needs a shift in it's core values if it is to rise above its sterotypical projections, and Cosby is on the right track by speaking out.

Comedian Bill Cosby is being derided as racist, classist and elitist following a speech in which he criticized black Americans for their speech patterns and exagerrated complaints about police brutality, reports the Associated Press.

Speaking at a commemoration of the anniversary of the Brown v. Board of Education desegregation decision, Cosby criticized low-income blacks for not using the opportunities the civil rights movement won for them.

"I can't even talk the way these people talk, 'Why you ain't,' 'Where you is' ... and I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk," Cosby said. "And then I heard the father talk ... Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth."

Among the critics was Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons, who questioned Cosby's tone. "Judgment of the people in the situation is not helpful. How can you help them is the question," he said.

In a statement issued the weekend after his remarks, Cosby said his comments were intended to be a call to action.

"I feel that I can no longer remain silent. If I have to make a choice between keeping quiet so that conservative media does not speak negatively or ringing the bell to galvanize those who want change in the lower economic community, then I choose to be a bell ringer," he said.
    The Full Article: http://www.tribnet.com/24hour/entert...-8684773c.html
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

I think he is was 100% right and its about time someone stood up and was willing to tell the truth. no one wants to face the facts.
    Romans 7:14-20
    14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

I read Cosby's speech. I always considered him an intelligent man. I think he just raised the opinion a little more. While this setting is about his comunity and the future they face, it can be allied to all cultures and societies. There's good lessons in there.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Its a shame no one will take it to heart...
    Romans 7:14-20
    14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Go Bill Go. He was correct in facts whether or not one's opinion of him is good.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    I think regardless of race, no one is learning how to speak properly anymore. Everything is slang, full of made-up words, or a contrived mixture of dialects. Honestly, if a professional spoke to me the way many people speak on the street, I would hold them less credible than my original perception, or possibly what they deserve. Although it shouldn't, image does count for a lot in this country. If you present yourself with a professional image, and speak "intelligently" you will be held higher than someone of equal qualifications who speaks poorly.

Anywho, I agree with Bill completely
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

i like bill cosby and i really dont think he cares about any negitive comments anyone may make. hes always been a 'kid' person. he just wanted to confirm what young people on the road to success already know. let them know they're on the right path and not to give in to peer presure. its already to late for those that condem him.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Always like Bill also and at his age the respect is even more so now. Those that do condem have not even bothered understand they would not be where they are it unless it was because of him and many others. Let him support young people let them seek his knowledge if they choose. Consider it the old fart equity factor any generation over 50 understands the price their older members paid to get the younger generation to it place in life with the things they have. He's cool always been and always will be.

Peace
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Bill made wonderful points on this one, i wish the rest of his speach would be mentioned where he blast wealthy blacks for not ftrying to better the situations of the ghetos, he is basicly saying that neither side of the black comuinity is holding up there side of civil rights.

Its just unfortunate that we havent come far enough that some one besides bill cosby colud make these statements...if a white man had said these things(that need to be said) he would have been blasted for being raceist.....
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?