Thread: Petty Politics

Petty Politics

Now this is from the American Spectator, so I have to take it with a grain of salt. If true though, I would not be able to live with this much internally seething hatred on a day to day basis.

In California, according to a Democratic House leadership staffer, Democratic House leader Nancy Pelosi's office refused until late in the day West Coast time to prepare any remarks by the leader on the passing of the President.

"A call went out around mid-day on the East Coast that Reagan might be in serious condition, and that party leaders should be ready. But Pelosi's people basically said they couldn't' be bothered. [Democratic whip] Steny Hoyer had to get them in line. We got the impression they just didn't want to say anything that would be construed as supportive of a Republican."

Pelosi's office also nixed sending flowers to the funeral home where the president's body was being prepared for burial.

Back in Washington, staffers at the Democratic National Committee stopped a couple of interns who were lowering the flags to half mast outside their headquarters.

"The interns were just doing what they thought was right," says a DNC staffer, who heard about the incident. "But somebody a bit more senior told them not to lower the flags until they absolutely had to, I guess when President Bush announced that all flags should be lowered. There was only an hour's difference. It was pretty petty, but that's how bad things have gotten around here."
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Can't wait till the rumors come out that bush organised Reagans death to help get a sympathy vote...... /joke/. I always liked Reagan.
    To be serious political debates always slide into stupidity when they are too scared to deal with the more serious issues. I suppose in a system where you have only two parties it cant be helped. they can do as they want as the electors dont have any choice but to pick one or the other.
    A question for all you americains -- Is it possable to have a president who is neither republican nor democrate?
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

It's possible Murachu, not very probable albeit, but possible. Ross Perot was probably the most notable individual with an actual chance of busting up the two party system while running as an independent.

Oh and just an observation here. The Green Party will need to get alot more people to smoke weed and protect it as an endargered species before that party will gain enough votes to overthrow the two party threshold.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Is it possable to have a president who is neither republican nor democrate?
    Well, I would do it , if the people really insisted, but I'm pretty busy...
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.