Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more free beer for the Ladies?

Talking No more free beer for the Ladies?

New Jersey’s top civil rights official has ruled that Ladies Night promotions at bars in that state are sexist and must be banned, reports the Associated Press.

The decision comes following complaints from one David Gillespie, who said it was not fair for women to into a Cherry Hill nightclub for free and receive discounted drinks while men paid a $5 cover charge and full price for drinks.

J. Frank Vespa-Papaleo, director of the New Jersey’s state Division on Civil Rights, said the bar’s commercial interests in maintaining the promotion do not override the "important social policy objective of eradicating discrimination.”
    Guys, I'm really torn over this one. While I like seeing The National Organization for Women coming closer to achieving the equality they have sought after so hard and rightly deserve (tounge in cheek); I also think that there is nothing wrong with chivilary and making endearing consessions to the fairer sex of our species.

Oh well, I guess that this is the first step in finding a way to ban The Young College Republicans - Affirmative Action Bake Sales.

Wait....Wait... a flash of brilliance here. All the bar has to do is host an Affirmative Action Ladies Night once a week. This will be done under the guise of a "political protest" to the continual abuse that women are subjected to by recieving free admission to bars and discounted beer. HOOORAYY!!!! I just love our judicial/political loopholes.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Pretty stupid to ban it considering they have like a Friday Night Guy's type thing (or some kind of thing, like dude's night out! ). Oh well, stupid that someone who proposed this law.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Before we jump all over the legal system for this one note that it was done by some overeager buracrate a littel to full of there position...im sure the court cases are yet t ocome on it.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Yeah, good point. This probably won't make it far into it anyway, the judge would throw this out like a football.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I would hope that this would be thrown out, when it goes to court. However NJ was a Blue state during the last election. Oh well only time will tell.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

I hope its not thrown out...my guess is the first cases will by bars sueing the state and this dope for loss of buesness

That's it, I am moving back to the westernized middle east.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

I dont remember the case, but I thought this came up and was beaten down by the courts some years ago. I will have to check.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Seems like people would see the underlying tone to why ladies are offered into places for free. Ladies go to get in for free, where there are discounted drinks. Therefore making more guys want to come to carouse with the ladies. While it may be unfair and all, I don't mind it once I realized this is where they make some money.

Not sure about bars and clubs up there, but the ones I frequent don't have guys night out. Closest thing occurs on ladies night to where (*shiver*) there is the equivalent of a wet tshirt contest with guys in it.

Originally posted here by thadbme

Not sure about bars and clubs up there, but the ones I frequent don't have guys night out. Closest thing occurs on ladies night to where (*shiver*) there is the equivalent of a wet tshirt contest with guys in it.
    I am all for equal rights and what not...but thats just wrong.