Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XP SP2 to be released, pirates excluded

What's the average income for someone in India? Like middle class. Just to figure like income/price of software ratio.

blocking the 20 most pirated keys? hrm. In my experience that is mostly corporate keys, meaning massive networks of legal nodes will be potentially unprotected from the droves of virii and worms that will appear over the next few years due to their scource code being leaked, hope they thought of that. but it should make work more interesting.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

Antionline Herpetologist
    What's the average income for someone in India? Like middle class. Just to figure like income/price of software ratio.
    I'd say around $500, so that's quite steep.

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

SP1 also invaladated certain serial numbers (if anyone remembers the fckgw-xxxxx...)

to comment on the rc2 compatability, i am a m$ beta tester for sp2, and on my "pirate" box, rc2 refused to work correctly with the serial number that did work for sp1 (and worked in previous versions of the beta)

finally, as long as the cd contents are not modified, and the cracking isn't done until after the software is installed (or is in the middle of being installed) the cd is just a copy of the operating system -- what is actually "pirated" is the serial numbers.

See, I think people who have low incomes and seriously CANNOT afford paying full for a legal version of software pretty much have the right to pirate it. When the money you have barely pays for food and a few extras ( like a PII that someone threw out and you bought for 50 cents) it is not as morally bad in my opinion. Americans don't have that excuse, and that's all there is to it. Working min. wage you can afford a legal version of XP in a month or two of saving some of your paycheck.

Regal Making Handler
    I think that you are missing the point? Microsoft are interested in commercial, professional pirates....they sell stuff on the streets just like the stores....their customers don't have 2 keys, let alone 22?
    Whilst this may be true i have seen a key changer with, i think 40 keys to choose from.

Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP2.Build.2138.Beta
    The above is supplied with a key to install, i don't no when this was released and i no that microsoft are at the release canditate stage now. but how long do you think it will be before sp2 final gets cracked. The above by the way is xp with sp2 intergrated.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

I think SP2 will get cracked within 2 weeks. That gives M$ the fact that it is TWICE as hard as SP1 and the default install of XP to crack.. Both of those were cracked within a week.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    when is service pack 2 out of beta??? i want to wait to DL it until they have worked some of the bugs out.... but, i run win xp pro on a home pc so do i even need it??? is there alot of big changes coming with SP2??thanx bye
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I've used it so many times that i've memmorized it
    I suggest removing that key before you get negged to death.