Thread: storing ip in a txt file

storing ip in a txt file

WHEN I CONNECT TO INTERNET, MY IP SHOULD BE SAVE IN A TXT FILE, Is there a way to do this.

Banned
    why ? if you wanna know ur ip go to www.whatismyip.com or go to start-run-cmd. type in ipconfig.....

or are u trying to do something else. if yes please explain more specific what ?

make a bat something like this

date /T > c:\iplogfile.txt
    Ipconfig >c:\iplogfile.txt

That would then store the date and the IP address, You could then link this into the registry, im not sure which key but i reackon its gonna be near here: -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Network

hope that helped

i2c

Is it just me or does the objective here seem a little unclear shall we say?I'm sorry but I cant think of any reason whatsoever to log your ip to a txt file.If you want your ip just use winipcfg.exe

therenegade its just you. there is a reason or there wouldn't be this question. what possible 'evil' reason could there be that couldn't be accomplished another way more easily? it would be helpful in making a suggestion if you did tell us more. like how you connect if you use a router etc

an oversight in i2c bat solution if you want the date and day.

Ipconfig >c:\iplogfile.txt

should be

Ipconfig >>c:\iplogfile.txt
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Regal Making Handler
    Here is an easy solution. Its a vbscript just double click it and it will pop up a box with your ip addy's. Its attached as a text file. You will need to save it to a convienient location as .vbs
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

thanks for reply, that's fine working "iplogfile.txt".