hi all,

i'm trying to break into my own wireless network, and it's encrypted with 128-bits WEP and access control,
for the firt part, i know that there are tools like airsnort which would be able to crack the key if given enough time, but as for the access control, how would you ( or some hacker) would get past that???

according to my calculations, there would be 281.474.976.710.656 possibilities, so a program which would try all of them by spoofing your mac, would take a hell of a lot of time...

i've read that this would still be possible for a hacker to get past my security, and no doubt it will be possible, but i want to know how much time it would take by testing it myself...

at the moment i'm trying to get my wlan card to work with RH9, when i'm finished i'm going to download airsnort and see what it can do...

if someone can give me more info about the access control, i would highly appreciate it

as for those who don't believe: this is not some pathetic try of social engineering, i am just a little paranoid of my own network since my system with very personal files is on the same network.

thanks in advance for the replies