Thread: BrowerSpy

Regal Making Handler

BrowserSpy

The following is for anyone who would like to no exactly what infomation is given out whilst surfing the net:

What is BrowserSpy?
    BrowserSpy is a collection of online tests that shows you what a website like mine, can collect of information about you.
    Where do I download BrowserSpy?
    You can't download BrowserSpy since it's a online tool!
    What can BrowserSpy do?
    BrowserSpy can tell you all kinds of detailed information about you and your browser. Stuff like version of your browser. What kind of things it supports and what it doesn't support. Furthermore it can provide you detailed information about JavaScript, JVM, Java, Plug-ins, Components, Language, Screen, Hardware, IP, Cookies, Web Server, FTP Password etc....
    You name it, BrowserSpy shows it!
    Why should I care?
    Basically if BrowserSpy can show the info, a remote site including mine, is able to get the data. This means that websites that you just surfed by are able to gather a whole lot of info about you, your browser and your setup.
    How can I protect myself?
    From what I've been told there isn't much you can do to protect yourself. Of course you can always turn off JavaScript in your browser but this basically disables surfing with today's websites. The other thing you can do is to use another browser than Microsoft Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer has way to many security problems for it to be a safe browser. Consinder using Mozilla or Mozilla Firefox. More infomration at mozilla.org.
    What's needed for this to work?
    Since most of the information is collected through JavaScript, your browser must support JavaScript and have JavaScript Enabled. The newer the browser the more information you get. You can also read this site's recommended browsers.
    Who made BrowserSpy and why?
    BrowserSpy is made by me, Henrik Gemal! It started out as just some small JavaScript utilities that were able to detect the browser version but then grow into include all kinds of weird detection.
    What does it cost to use BrowserSpy?
    BrowserSpy is a free tool to use. But if you use some of the BrowserSpy detection at your website please provide a link back to BrowserSpy!

Take a look here>http://www.gemal.dk/browserspy/
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Wow, that's a pretty cool site. Thanks!

My bandwidth is 194 kbps. Pretty good for 56k modem! I wonder why my downloads still go really slow...

Regal Making Handler
    Pretty good for 56k modem! I wonder why my downloads still go really slow...
    56K is only the fastest speed your modem can reach under ideal conditions, ie, you have good quality phone cable and you live inside your telephone exchange
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

"From what I've been told there isn't much you can do to protect yourself. Of course you can always turn off JavaScript in your browser but this basically disables surfing with today's websites. "

i basically have js disabled (prompt) and very few sites are unreadable without it. youd be suprised at how little js and activex matter. but aren't all the examples you show client side scripts? not that its not really 'top draw' stuff because you've done a really nice job its just i thought most of the info we give web servers is from cookie and header files
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Regal Making Handler
    because you've done a really nice job i
    Ted it's not my work.

Just something i came across, my apologies if i made it seem, that it was my work.

you mean your not Henrik Gemal IRT !?! oh the slings and arrows... ;-)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Regal Making Handler
    you mean your not Henrik Gemal IRT !?! oh the slings and arrow... ;-)
    I have been called alot of things in my life but never Henrik.

To be, or not to be: that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrow of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,

And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;

No more; and by a sleep to say we end

The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks

That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep;

To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,

Must give us pause. There's the respect

That makes calamity of so long life;

For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,

The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,

The pangs of dispriz'd love, the law's delay,

The insolence of office, and the spurns

That patient merit of the unworthy takes,

When he himself might quietus make

With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,

To grunt and sweat under a weary life,

But that the dread of something after death,

The undiscover'd country from whose bourn

No traveller returns, puzzles the will,

And makes us rather bear those ills we have,

Than fly to others that we know not of?

Thus conscience doth make cowards of us all;

And thus the native hue of resolution

Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,

And enterprises of great pith and moment

With this regard their currents turn awry,

And lose the name of action.

Hamlet Act III, Scene I,

by William Shakespeare

Copy and paisted from:http://webnz.co.nz/checkers/tobeor.html

Why is it that name sounds very familiar? I know this seems like a stange response, but I am sure that I have seen that name associated with some other software. I am merely curious if you have other software out there?
    Cough Cough GAG, Never underestimate the power of CUTTHECHEESE

roflmao

Hamlet Act III, Scene I,

by William Shakespeare

Copy and paisted from:http://webnz.co.nz/checkers/tobeor.html
    dont fret i know shakespeare's passed on.

Chitchenitzu shakespeare didn't write software!

j/k but your right that name does sound too familar (the software guy not the writer)

The javascript information on that site can easily be grabbed from pretty well all browsers when anyone opens a page. Hiding yourself from enumeration isn't anywhere near as valuable as knowing how to work your security settings IMO. Interesting link tho.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?