Thread: Word 2003 is worse than a highschool English teacher.

Word 2003 is worse than a highschool English teacher.

Word 2003 is worse than a highschool English teacher...and 'hackers' are like third graders in that highschool classroom. I recently found one of those "Guide To (Mostly) Harmless Hacking" documents on the web. They do have some interesting tweaks for Win9x sometimes. So I opened it and recieved a warning...it can be viewed in the JPG attached. I found it hilarious that Word is going to tell me that ebonics is incorrect English. Fo Shizzle!
    Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Uh. I don't get it. This is supposed to be funny?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Well, I found it amusing that Word wouldn't open the document because the typist had too many grammatical and spelling errors. It's posted nonetheless.
    Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.

This has been around for ages AFAIK, going back to Office 97 even? It is the grammar checker that is set for "letters" or "dissertations" or whatever. It cannot handle a technical type document that does not have properly structured sentences?

If you write a lot of technical content, you would be best switching the grammar check off