Thread: security devices

security devices

I was wondering if there was a physical device that you plug into a network router or whatever, and it does connection and security scans on each computer in the network? I could have sworn I saw something like this a long time ago. but I can't seem to find any info anywhere. I know it would only be practical in a big network. but I'm still interested.
    I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children’s children, because I don’t think children should be having sex. -- Jack Handey

I was wondering if there was a physical device that you plug into a network router or whatever, and it does connection and security scans on each computer in the network?
    A grey-hat hacker on an OpenBSD workstation, with five cases of Rockstar and a month of play time?

lol. Not quite what I was thinking, But that works.
    I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children’s children, because I don’t think children should be having sex. -- Jack Handey

download gfi lan scanner that will do the trick---looks all pretty too.....
    http://www.gfi.com/downloads/downloads.asp?pid=8&lid=1
    I toor\'d YOU!

He wants a hardware solution though. GFI came to mind but it's software. I've never heard of anything hardware-wise that will do all he's wanting to do. If there is, I wanna know about it too!

I'm on the trail of this elusive hardware security scanner and on the way I found this: Wristwatch will lock a PC
    I like Bond and thought others might too.

set up linux as a router with snort running on it it may not scan every computer but it will be scanning the traffic going in and out on your network

Or setup linux w/ snort and TCPdump and look at everything going through your network then put nessus vul scanner on there and use it to scan the network for vulns
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.