Thread: Lost Security Tool

Lightbulb Lost Security Tool

I hate the idea of sounding like an idoit or that I am making suggestions to Newbies but...

...A few years back I had a security auditing software that I can not find. I have and use Retina and ShawScan Now and this tool was similar to Retina however one interesting discovery tool it had was it would not tell you the password for an account but it gave you flaws in a password choosen by a user. Example: The username is the same as te passowrd.

If anybody can help me relocate this tool i would appreciate it.

I have vague recollections

It ran on NT4.0 didn't it? otherwise it is something else I am thinking of?

cheers

AFAIK.. any respectable vulnerability scanner will do that... pick your poison...

...even the m$ baseline security analyzer will do that...

as for the lost tool... no idea... there are quite a few with this capability.

If you say its old... start digging through some of the security downloads...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

???

I am not sure if it ran on a specific OS or not. I have dug through al the web sites and archives I could find but nothing stands out.

Did anybody ever use the Crack.net?

i searched for the tool for about 2 hours total and it is nowhere to be found... i guess i would either go with baseline, however you could poke around at http://www.packetstormsecurity.nl they are bound to have something that you can use
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM