Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zafi worm hitting hard

Just Another Geek

Zafi worm hitting hard

Heads up people. There's a new virus on the block.
    It seems to spread pretty fast and is pounding our servers damn hard (about 700 in the past half hour).

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_126242.htm
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

thanks SirDice!

its really nice to know whats happening before i get in to work. walk in ... boss says "new virus out" i tell'em "Yup! nai calls it zafi...blah, blah, blah" and im a friggen guru. saves so much time in the morning. hit f5 to refresh last nights page and everything you need to know...
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Thanks for the head up.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

heh.. i think i should install an AV now-a-days with all the worms and virii running loose.. but it feels sooo nice having my resources unused =P

boss says "new virus out" i tell'em "Yup! nai calls it zafi...blah, blah, blah" and im a friggen guru. saves so much time in the morning.
    Exactly my thoughts. Haha it is awesome.

- Adiz
    Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

OOOUUUUCH! <throaty sound> That ain\'t cool baby.</throaty sound> (right before this I had made fun of the \'girl\' and she took it out on my balls... Luckily later on they were \"taken care of.\"

Hmm... not much of a problem here. I've received a grand total of 3. Must have something to do with my content filtering rule that blacklists any IP addresses that send me virii. :-)

Got 200 emails from a mailserver that "claims" we sent them the virus from an alias account on our domain. If your out there admins turn the autoreply off.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

CXGJarrod-
    I second, third and forth that motion - Please turn off the autoreply
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    MEMO

TO: CXGJarrod

Date: Most of the Time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: Auto-reply

Mr. Jarrod

Most of us are out to lunch. Didn't you notice?

Signed

Duty Admin
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Thanks SirDice,

madjag291,

heh.. i think i should install an AV now-a-days with all the worms and virii running loose.. but it feels sooo nice having my resources unused =P
    At least if you use your resources you might have some control over what gets used and what for. If someone decides for you.....oh la la.....what fun they will have.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.