Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban on members

I have noticed that a bunch of past members who had maxed out greens and hundreds to thousands of posts are gone. You are right Noia AO has changed. Everything changes at one time or another. It can't be helped. Think of it more like a progression. Old members move out and the top spots are replaced by other people who move their way up. It's life I guess and hopefully some of the new up and comers will be able to contribute as much as the old members did in due time.

Noia is right, AO has gone down the pan recently. I remember the good old days where I lay into Windows without fear of being negged, start mini-flame wars with Negative (which he usually won ) discuss random stuff on IRC etc.

Now we seem to have been taken over by a bunch of immature prats and post whores who have nothing better to do than sit on AO 24/7. Most of them haven't contributed that much, but somehow manage to get 11 greenies anyway.

As you may have noticed the last couple of days, I'm mightily cheesed off about all this.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Banned
    One word (two, actually): SUMMER HOLIDAYS.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    ... I'm mightily cheesed off about all this.
    But did you get any "whine" with it?? (sorry couldn't resist... it's something we do in the political game I play...)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Heh, that was rather amusing.

Originally posted here by Negative
    One word (two, actually): SUMMER HOLIDAYS.
    They've started already? Schools aren't supposed to finish for another 4 weeks over here.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Colleges and universities are out here for 4 months. High schools and grade schools should be out at the end of June IIRC (been a while since I was in one of those).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by pwaring

Now we seem to have been taken over by a bunch of immature prats and post whores who have nothing better to do than sit on AO 24/7. Most of them haven't contributed that much, but somehow manage to get 11 greenies anyway.
    Damn, you found me. I was hoping that nobody will notice that.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Originally posted here by Noia
    just about all the old "heavy-hitters" and such have fallen off the radar some how, with the disolution of AO-IRC and the JupM take-over and even before that, people were leaving and being replaced.....imo, this isn't the same AO any more, most of the people who made AO what it was have moved on.
    Very true.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Banned
    They may have moved on, but they can't resist coming back (even if only to say that they have moved on)...