Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAV Definition Update?

NAV Definition Update?

I don't know if its messed up, it is an original version of Norton AV 2003, but this last week I've been lupdating my definitions but it always says that its up to date, i just wanna see hows it goin for you guys?

Well I don't run an Norton anymore, or any AV for that case, but when I did I only did an update when I installed and then everything downloaded and installed by itself via auto-updates (LIve Update), so you may be getting updated during the night and then checking when you already have the latest definitions.

i received an update yesterday. just for grins and giggles have a look in your hosts file.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

Symantec

Why don't you Go and Check Out and see if your Defination Files are older than the Currently released one,......... every defination file has a verson number and release date..... .....And Until you sort out the Things with your Live Update in the mean time why not Manually Download the Virus Defination Files............Intelligent Updater as it is called by symantec........it's a selfexecuting exe.......which i sometime use to update my Defibations......

--Good Luck--

I use NAV 2003 and used LiveUpdate yesterday.
    My latest virus def file is 20040619.019 .

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Remember: if your 1st years (free) subscription, has lapsed. Then the update will STILL D/L those parts of the system that are free. But, the A/V definitions will NOT be D/Led.

The message will say that ALL of your items are correct and up to date, but it will NOT include the AV.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

****, that must be it then, but i get no message saying my trial is done, haha i took a look onto the CD..."this version of Norton Internet Security inludes 180 days of free updates to Symantec's Internet security subcription service."

...gotta tell ya it sucks but now that i know ill have to get a new one tomorow :-D
    thanks everyone

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    This.....

The message will say that ALL of your items are correct and up to date, but it will NOT include the AV.
    ..... coupled with the fact that Norton's "renew your subscription" function can be a friggin' nightmare to find your way through and actually end up with an updated subscription is why I quit using it.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Regal Making Handler
    You used to be able to download virus def's from Norton manualy. Without needing to subscribe or when your subscription had run out.

Don't no if this is still available but it maybe worth looking at to give you more time to see if you want to stay with symantec or try another solution.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Jinx:

That only works if your subscription is up to date..... I've moved off Symantec for the most part and am using free AV's wherever I can.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides