Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finding wingates

finding wingates

I have been reading tutorials and have alot of questions, so excuse the many posts.
    How can i find wingates, i try to connect to a server on IRC and typing /stats k, but all it says is "sorry you are not IRCOP". is there such a thing as a wingate scanner? I would rather learn how to find one, but if a scanner is all i can get, i will settle for that.

thanks

Typing /stats k in irc will list all the current K-lines for the server. You have to be a IRCOp to view the list.
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times

i use proxyrama for proxies, but it also verifies wingates. I suggest a time-out of 1-500 depending on your connection, dedicate all ur system rescources to verifying. I have attached a list of 20,000 ip's which are proxies, many of them are wingates. I hope this helps. also you can look on google for wingate lists. Oh and i almost 4got under options you can make it just verify if its a wingate. If ur using XP then you will need to make proxyrama full view cuz the scroll bar doesnt work (atleast 4 me)
    if you have time be sure to drop my my website at www.johnscompany.net

Aura, go here: http://www.cyberarmy.com/lists/wingate/

Those are public wingates that you can use. There's also a link to a wingate scanner there called "winscan.exe" which you can use to find wingates. All you really need to do though usually is tcp scan (syn being the smart way to do it) some specific ranges of ip addresses @ remote port 23 or 1080.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Beware though, that using a public proxy of any kind does NOT secure you in any way. I would even say its more unsecure.

Cheers
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

thanks alot

Originally posted here by aura2
    also, is there a specific irc channel or server that alot of hax0rs hang out at, which do you l33t hax0rs use?
    This thread seems to be much more directed than your previous post above.

if you wanna spoof your ip while connected to a irc through a wingate on port 23....
    it 's wasted time.
    anonymous wingates on port 23 are very rarely....
    and the ircd will check against that.
    Industry Kills Music.