Thread: Debian Net Configuration...???

Debian Net Configuration...???

Hey Friends...
    I installed Debian Linux 3.0, I have Intel P4 and I have Cable net(with out user name & password). When I start system so internet start automatically..
    Now how can I config all these in Debian??? But remember Debian start at login prompt NOT in graphical mode. I want to setup internet configuration in Debian and want to install new CVS's form XFree86.org to boot in graphical mode... OR any other advise to me to setup this all, because I am new to Linux..Thanks
    Hello Dear..

Well to get into gui mode, just type startx.
    And if everything is setup up correctly you should be taken to the Gui..

cheers
    f2b:.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    edit the /etc/inittab and change the runlevel to 3 or 4. This will boot you always in graph mode.

For you interface make sure its up and running, and has an ip-address. If not you may have to get a good driver for your nic and compile it in the kernel or autoload it as a module.

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Originally posted here by .: Shrekkie :.
    edit the /etc/inittab and change the runlevel to 3 or 4. This will boot you always in graph mode.

For you interface make sure its up and running, and has an ip-address. If not you may have to get a good driver for your nic and compile it in the kernel or autoload it as a module.

Greetz,
    Hmm, please correct me if im wrong, but isnt runlevel 3 multiuser with network capabilities, and without GUI, runlevel 4 is left empty for personal use, and runlevel 5 for GUI? Just a thought.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Hei friends..

My xserver is not working, I have been tryed "startx". Appear errors... And I want to Know Net setup........Thanks
    Hello Dear..