Thread: Waiting for Gmail? Give this one a go.

Waiting for Gmail? Give this one a go.

Walla.com This is an alternative to Gmail. It offers free 1GB email accounts. This is good news to all of us who never got an invite to give Gmail a try. It seems like a decent deal. So, now you know. And knowing is half the battle....or something.
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]

Hrmm, kinda blow's ya gotta signup for one of their spam (sponsorship) deal's. Oh well, look's alright. I didn't really care for the big hub-bub about GMail anyway's and it's not like I ever get that much mail anyway's. Thanks for the link though.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I didnt have to sign up for any of them, I clicked the "no thanks" link.
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hmm, there are a few weird things about that site. For one, i get a 'close' window popup every few seconds, allthough theres no window to keep open or close, and pressing on yes or no does nothing. I cant seem to send anything from there, only get mails. Im a bit suspicous. I would recomend not using it for information that is worth anything. Might be a trap, but then again, im paranoid. ( Remember the @hackermail system ), it was a trap by the feds. Now, how do i delete that account at walla ? Luckily i gave them false names, and a phoney alternative mail address.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

well, i can't even type my message out there's this thing in the textbox saying "end" and i can't type in it...

EDIT: Tried IE instead of Opera and it works fine-sent the message now waiting to recieve it.

EDIT2: Sent fine but I don't think I'll be using it for anything important either after all I set my e-mail as 13370@walla.com
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

Just wanted to say .....if you want to try one more 1 GB Account...... www.Rediff.com is also one other site that gives 1 GB Storage.....i have been using it for a long time now.....since it was giving 4 MB Storage..seeing competation it has just recently increased it's Mailbox storage capacity ..rediff has always targeted People with Slow Dial-up connections.......claims to be the fastest opening mail box around don't know for real.....has a very basic interface..but it's fast ..it's fast..i know because i use Dial-up......

--Good Luck--

instronics: @hackermail was a trap by the fed's??? Wow, and I still have that account. How do you know this by the way?
    Space For Rent.. =]

do you have a link about the @hackermail trap thing? like why the feds did it etcc.

?? just kinda interested
    =

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    ahh, sorry for my late reply. I have no 'official' prove, other that it was once mention here on AO by some respective members (dont remember who, its too long ago), but there were other weird things too, such as any email comming or going to rootshell accounts took over 3 hours, aswell as some important mails never getting there. Funny enough, the mails that never reached the hackermail account were all 'security' related. If not the 'feds', then maybe the admins went through the mail, which in my eyes is the same thing. Other than that.... i never found any information about the owners of hackermail, nor anything else related to them on the net. The 'security' information that was 'lost' in that transfer had todo with the carnivore project... i sent it to myself from a webcafe to my own mail account to be able to dl it once i got home. Im sorry if i cant prove my statements.. i will however search my old posts on AO (SIGH, 750 posts) to find the thread in question where it was mentioned about being used by the feds.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"