Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rioter

The Recidivist
    phishphreek80

I asked myself why we should allow his old account to be allowed back and not allow the others to be and the reason I say we should is because it was over an avatar. All the others (sorry MemorY but yours come to mind first) such as MemorY were over a little more serious matters. He/She (HA) actually set out it seems to be banned.

While I acknowledge the rioter probably did not handle the matter in the most respectful way, maybe he was having a bad day?

I was not aware of intmon saying any such thing phishphreek80.

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I was not aware of intmon saying any such thing phishphreek80.
    Actually, it was intmon who decided this after the NFG issue (it was around that time).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

we should is because it was over an avatar
    NO we shouldn't....it wasn't just about the avatar.......it was about being disrespectful, and not dissobeying the rules after he was asked "nicely I suppose" to change his avatar. He decided to be a dick and put another one which was even worse than the first one...hence he got banned.

If u wanna look at number:

Newbie Security Questions (20 posts)
    Hardware (10 posts)
    Miscellaneous Security Discussions (6 posts)
    AntiVirus Discussions (6 posts)
    Web Security (4 posts)

I dont think you're in a position to talk.

I have about 50% of my posts in security discussions.

You have about 17% of your posts in security discussions.

And front2back has about 10% of his posts in security discussions.

So feel leet cuz u have more security posts than him? Remember, I beat both of u though

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Hmmm...

All things considered I think we should re-enstate NFG

Seriously though:

Should we be banning for an avatar. Custom avatars are a privellidge simply withdraw the privelidge?

However I found s significant number of Rioters posts offensive in their own right and by responding badly to a polite request I feel that he was given every chance.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

BANNED
    If a rule is changed for one person then everyone expects the same thing. Changing rules can ruin a perfectly good system.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Banned
    Rioter is allowed to come back whenever he wants, just like other banned members were/are.
    His old account won't be reinstated, though.
    We didn't ban Rioter, we banned the Rioter-account... and that's the end of it. Reinstating that account would indicate that one can get away with literally everything on AntiOnline.

I'm pretty sure that if you'd ask him, he'll agree that he deserved to be banned (might have to push him a little, but he'll agree ).