Thread: HTML tags in VB6 [urgent]

HTML tags in VB6 [urgent]

can we use HTML tags in VB6 for formatting?
    If yes, how???
    Its urgent please!!!
    Regards,
    Riya
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!

AntiOnline n00b
    hi

what do you mean ....what are you making in Visual Basic..........no in Standard Visual Basic Applications you wouldn't be able to use HTML tags...are you making a web Application...?......and why do you want to use HTML tags in VB6 ......if you could be more specific of what do you want to do mabe some solution can be found...Some more Information please...what kind of a project is it....What do you want to format with these tags.......etc etc

--Good luck--

actually, i m creating a desktop applications, which needs some formatting in between... like bold, italic etc... in Visual Basic 6.0

AntiOnline n00b
    hello

Visula Basic Provides For such Formatting Riya_here...why do you need HTML tags in it.........

Check the Font Property of the control ........you will get the options you are looking for.........For example Say Label Control.......you can either do that through the Property Window Select the Font Property you will get a Dialog Box select the kind of Formatting you wish to do ..like Fint Style , Bold , Italics etc.......or by code..

Label1.Bold=True
    Label1.FontName=Ariel

as far as i remember..this is the code

Visual Basic is as User Friendly as it can get......just write the name of the control in the code window and press "." period ..a small window appears..it will contain all the Properties and Methods that control can exibit...you don't even have to remember them ....Scroll througt them.... until you find the desired Property ..

It's been a while since i worked on VB i will just check out the actual syntax for you in a minute

--Good Luck--

Custom User
    The only problem with doing something like that is that it applies the formatting to the whole text field. I don't know vb so I don't know if there is another way to do it; it may be that you just have to separate pieces of different formatted text into different fields.

ac

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

Yes there are ways to achive that ............. the easiest way would be to use Different Label wherever a diffrent Formatting is needed and make them look like one

And you cannot have more than one kind of formatting within a Text Box or a Label.

I need More Information Riya which is the control that needs formatting ......which is tha control that requires formatting and what kind of formatting is required like you want to have more than one formatting within a Control say Text Box.

and yes there are ways it can be done.....like the above mensioned way which best works for Label Control....for Text Box it would be to use a Different Control altogether ............ Rich Text Box it is a Prebuilt ActiveX control Shipped with Visual Basic....you can find it in the list of ActiveX Controls (Right Click on the Tool bar Select "Conponents and a dialog Box will appear you can find it there)..

I am assuming too many things here Riya ...i need more specific information to help you better.. maybe a screen shot with the requirenebts....

--Good Luck--

hi swordfish, gothic_type is right... i need to implement the formatting only somewhere in the text, and cannot use multiple labels......

i have another problem also, how can I bind the vertical scrollbar with a frame??????