Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Japan school kids to be tagged with RFID chips

the problem with this is that these kids will grow up thinking this is normal and will not object when everyone has to have them.
    Now that's one very good reason not to do this! I can see the slippery slope from here....

I haven't posted to this thread because I thought the answer would be self evident , since we live in a world where rapists, kidnappers, and murders are a constant thereat, and where the protection of our children is paramount. But, after Tebod1 posted a comment about the children becoming accustomed to this practice being a norm, I was forced to step back and reconsider this issue. I have to agree that tracking the children may cause a serious break down in future generations perception of what "freedom" is, and this concerns me greatly. Laws generated in response to 9/11 have curtailed our freedoms in some aspects, but not necessarily in a bad way IMHO. However, I'm still undecided on this tagging of children issue though. It comes down to protecting our children versus our children loosing their freedom in an uncontested an unbeknownst way to them, by changing the children's preception of acceptable reality. It will take more thought.

As for making the taging optional: That would never work. Why? If the taging was optional then the school system opens itself up to a lawsuit of magnimonious proportions when a child that doesn't have a tag runs away or is kidnapped. The parents of the missing child would argue in court that if the threat was important enough to warrant taging children, (as it obviously was because a non tagged child has ended up missing) then the taging should have been made mandatory to properly address the threat and thus preventing the loss of their child. I wonder if the US or State governments had the same issues with the use of seatbelts or booster seats before their use became mandatory?
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!