Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drug dealers have to pay tax too!

Drug dealers have to pay tax too!

Haha, check out this:

http://www.ksrevenue.org/perstaxtypesdrug.htm

Drug Tax Stamp

The fact that dealing marijuana and controlled substances is illegal does not exempt it from taxation. Therefore drug dealers are required by law to purchase drug tax stamps.
    The drug tax is due as soon as the dealer takes possession of the marijuana or controlled substance. Payment of the drug tax will purchase the drug tax stamps. Attach the stamp to the marijuana and/or controlled substance immediately after receiving the substance. The stamps are valid for 3 months. Drugs seized without stamps or having expired stamps may result in criminal or civil penalties which may include fines, seizure of property or liens against real estate.

A dealer is not required to give his/her name or address when purchasing stamps and the Department is prohibited from sharing any information relating to the purchase of drug tax stamps with law enforcement or anyone else.

Purchasing drug tax stamps does not make possession of drugs legal.

Drugs seized without stamps or having expired stamps may result in criminal or civil penalties which may include fines, seizure of property or liens against real estate.
    Ummm.... wouldnt they do this anyway? This is such a double standard. Pay taxes on stuff that is illegal and it will be more legal. How do you enforce this?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

So this is a Kansas law? Man, and I thought Arkansas was wierd...

BANNED
    It's a nice little trick. You go up there to buy your stamps. They search you and find drugs. And you get locked up for not having your stamp on your drugs and possessing drugs.
    P.S. Legalize it and I will gladly pay a tax on it.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    What it all boils down to is tax evasion.

How did they finally bring down Al Capone? Income tax evasion.

The gist is, you are required by law to give the government a certain percantage of your annual income. Just because you sell drugs a a primary source of income does not mean that you are exempt from this rule. It's the same as paying taxt on the lottery; you didn't "earn" it, but it is still income to you.

Therefore, any income you receive, be it from legal or illegal transactions must be reported to the IRS and/or the state.
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

BANNED
    Where is the actual law that says you have to pay an income tax? If you ask the I.R.S. I bet they won't have an answer.

Actually the law is in the Constitution, it says that the gvt. is alloweed to levy taxes. For road fixes, military etc...

Basic American Gvt.

The thing that is interesting about this is that under this law, if you get caught without your stamps your ****ed. If you get caught with them your ****ed.

So let's see I go to jail for selling drugs, which is what 3-5. But damnit, I don't have stamps which is Tax evasion.

It seems to me that they are doing this so that they are able to have one more thing to bust people for or lock them up longer for. It is the same way that a cop can pull you over if your headlight is out or something. I mean why do they pull you over, you obviously know that you don't have an f-ing headlight. But it is another reason that police can pull people over and make some money off of us. I say damn the man!

- MilitantEidolon

Revolushion!!!!

haha just messin
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

BANNED
    They pull you over because people may know thye have a busted headlight but they aren't doing anything about it. Usually if you fix it and bring proof to court that you fixed it it gets dropped.

MilitantEidolon you do know that under the Counstitution, you are given the right. To say you think the Gvt. is Unjust, and talk about a relovution.

You can even go about starting one, as long as you don't violate any laws in the Country.