Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Expliots

Ummm.... wow.... this is way off from my qustion.... anyway, to explain he had auto login enabled and I didnt relize when I whent to the site... so sorry about that mishap... anyways What languages are exploits (WOW I DID IT RIGHT!) mainly programmed in, I know theres alot in C/C++ but what other languages?
    Yes I am a criminal, My crime is that of curiosity -- ++mentor+++

Like you said, particularly C/C++. Exploit's compiled on *nix system's are usually C/C++ coded or in Perl. You should research getting a shell account and learning C/C++ or Perl that way you could code exploit's on a shell account or whatnot (thas if you don't have access to a *nix system).
    Space For Rent.. =]

Also shell scripts... beleave it or not but I've seen an old yahoo messenger vulnerability taken advantage of in VB... I've even seen many... many... many... things converted to work under mirc & pirch scripts. Browser based vulnerabilities will be in almost any language in relation to anything involveing web-dev.

Spyder32, wtf man...
    In perl, C, C++, some shell scripts, & (ect)... these languages are all very closely (syntax wise) the same. I mean after you play around with alot of languages it all starts to look like JAVA. Also this is done in these specific languages so once something is released to the public it can easly be converted to something else or ported to fit the needs of another OS so 1337 h4x0r Fother Muckers like Orange Juice over here can easly (ab)use and/or edit.

Okay, SURE some vulnerabilities are scripted in VB or Java. However the general amount I see/deal with are in C.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I've seen mostly C with some "inline asm" (however that is called) shellcode..

I've even written one once (exploit for a nix app a friend wrote)..
    I'd advice you to study C, C++ and ASM.. then perl and the others can't be hard
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Originally posted here by Cybr1d
    doctor told me I need to relax and have fewer rages...including road rage.

Cybr1d, you're from Boston.
    We both know that less road rage is simply impossible in our fair city...
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Cybr1d, you're from Boston.
    We both know that less road rage is simply impossible in our fair city...
    So wtf am I paying him for? Its funny when other people show road rage againts me ...like this guy who was on the wrong lane, almost hit me, then almost hit some other guy and he snaps at me because It was impossible for me to get out of his way so he can make an illegal U-Turn in the middle of traffic!

Anyways...I'm glad this thread is back on topic....so Ignore this post and please continue ...I'm trying to pay attention.

Pfft, until you wussy boys drive in Detroit, don't even start talking about bad driving being common. Until you have seen a Semi-Truck run a red light, almost kill you, and hit another Semi-Truck that stopped for the next red light, you haven't driven. Or be like my town, where some of the train crossings don't have rails or warnings a train is coming. I damn near died one night because a train almost killed me.

BANNED
    Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...95810?v=glance
    If you haven't looked into this book that phish recommended you really should. I have little to no programming skills and this book has given me a pretty decent understanding of exploitation. If you don't have any money you might try the library. Not really sure if they'd have but you could always call and ask.

And louisiana was rated number one in the country for deaths by trains this year... we don't have very many warnings either.