Thread: Webbug detector for Mozilla/Firefox

Hoopy Frood

Webbug detector for Mozilla/Firefox

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Webbug detector for Mozilla/Firefox. I can't seem to find one in my Googles that will work with Firefox. Bugnosis is IE only. Any help here would be appreciated!

Regards,
    Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

There are plenty of site statistic services out their that track the same info that webbug does.
    try googling hit counters.<joke> all my pop ups are now belong to YOU</joke>

Hoopy Frood
    Originally posted here by spamdies
    There are plenty of site statistic services out their that track the same info that webbug does.
    I don't mean to be rude, but this doesn't really answer my question. But thanks for the info, man!

Regards,
    Xierox

-- Søren Kierkegaard

bugzilla.org ?

Hoopy Frood
    Originally posted here by NemorY
    bugzilla.org ?
    Thanks for the reply, NemorY, but Bugzilla is actually for developers. It tracks bugs, but not the webgug type.

-- Søren Kierkegaard

xierox,

Try this site and see if it helps you!

http://directory.google.com/Top/Comp...Tracking/Free/

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

although bugnosis is only for IE there is a feature in firefox that will block them.

Because they are actually third party graphics if you go to 'tools>weboptions' you'll see two check boxs at the bottom. one to allow the loading of images and the second specifies that the images to be loaded must come from the site being viewed.

although this will not show you the location on the page of the web-bug, which i find very amusing, at least you are protected from them.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Hoopy Frood
    Originally posted here by Tedob1
    although bugnosis is only for IE there is a feature in firefox that will block them.

Because they are actually third party graphics if you go to 'tools>weboptions' you'll see two check boxs at the bottom. one to allow the loading of images and the second specifies that the images to be loaded must come from the site being viewed.

although this will not show you the location on the page of the web-bug, which i find very amusing, at least you are protected from them.
    Thank you very much! I'm very happy that Firefox has this built in!!

Regards,
    Xierox

-- Søren Kierkegaard

Hoopy Frood
    Does Firefox have a list where you can put exceptions for this option? I can't find one.

-- Søren Kierkegaard