Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is my Windows Explorer always trying to access the Internet?

Why is my Windows Explorer always trying to access the Internet?

I have the Computer Associate firewall, every so often, Windows Explorer would try to access the Internet. I've no idea why this program needs to do so. Am I being targeted by intruders?

I get the same thing, so I doubt it. And if it was intruders, they wouldn't be targeting at that point, they would have already owned you.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Have you scanned for viruses?

Old Fart
    If you're using XP, Windows is trying to phone home to Bill. Do a Google search for XP Anti-spy, install it, run it, problem solved.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

hey,
    what do you mean that xp is trying to phone home to bill!? like the comp sends a message to his email saying that someone has just purchased and is now using windows xp? lol i dunno can you explain?
    -s3nate

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    MS kit just likes to stay in touch. When online, it will call home and chat with its family, arrange BBQ and such like.

They SAY that 'No personally identifying info' is sent. So: Thats all right then........
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Or that can be masked spyware. Use Ad-aware to get rid of them. And try looking at your firewall log to determine what really wanted to access the internet.
    If one day cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.

1st, update ur AV and scan ur pc.
    2nd, use ad-aware or any other spyware detector..
    if still happen that way,
    maybe ur pc is set up for automatic windows update, where it will connect and retrieve updates from microsoft sites.

My suggestion is for u to use firefox mozilla as IE for internet surfing still has alot of vulnerability. The windows explorer problem might came from IE.

Hi,

Does this happen when you boot up and Windows Explorer is trying to access an address something like 235.235.xxx.xxx?

What operating system are you running? Windows98 or Millennium Edition?

This machine does that, but I don't think it is anything to worry about with Win98/ME.

Please confirm what OS you are using, and I will try to find the article.

i got the same isue....reviewed a fresh instalation of w2000 and xp....and is spyware from microsoft....you can check the port it uses and close them form your firewall...i't something related to the "client experience..." you know...garbage from microshit....it just send udp poackages to addresses taht are owned to micros...and have nothig inportant on it...just info about general beahvior..anyway..is a violation to privacy...don't you think?¿!
    we work in the dark - we give what we have - we do what what we can - our doubt`s our passion - our passion our task - the rest....- is the madness of art.