Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: unpack a file that has no compresion

maybe it is time for you try to fix the corrupt file as i and many of us think it is corrupted..

i google some "repairing corrupt 7zip file" and find some links to several repairing apps..
    and try also www.ask.com with the same question - "repairing corrupt 7zip file" and the result given might be helpful..

i usually use ask.com to look deeper in various discussion groups..

2.4gig, wow.. lots of filesss! goodluck!

you may want to try PKZip, as it can recover 'damaged' zip files, i'm not sure how far this extends to the corrupted files and such, but i've used it before on 'corrupt / damaged' zip files with some success.

if you are using a fat32 partition (god help you if you are), you may want to try something called 'disk investigator', its free and can recover stuff from fat32 partitions, therefore if your zip file is stuffed, you may be able to recover the files fro the hard drive. **remember that when you recover stuff from a hard disk / floppy etc, that you recover it to a **different** disk altogether, otherwise you risk overwriting the stuff youre trying to get back**

http://www.theabsolute.net/sware/dskinv.html *link*
    Just wait till i get my slappin gloves on.....

Sory for the long delay. It apears as sugested the file is corupt and it seems to be a result of useing a Beta of Pc Cutter for cutting my files, as I ran some tests on other backups which were around same size and were split useing a non beta version, and now any file which i split seems to have the problem nomater its a 10k file or 2.4M if it was cut by pc cuter then it seems broken.

I thank everyone for the help and will get you posted on anything im able to do with the file

Emailing the suport team didnt help much as they dont even understand my question.
    test

Blast From the Past
    fyi a great program for backups and compression on windows would be as mentioned before winrar
    you can set it to compress to 700 meg files that are linked and when you burn allyour files allyou have to do is open up a single backup file and the entire list of files pops up...very nifty.....too bad ur not on linux tho......tar is great for back up aswell
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Have you tried Total Commander? www.ghisler.com
    Got many nice functions.