Thread: Auto downlaoding

Auto downlaoding

Hello everyone

I Am working on my website and i have stumbled into some trouble.I am going to add a msagent to my site but For people to be able to see the agent they have to have the agent file file in the directory C:\WINDOWS\msagent\chars. Is there a way that i can make it so that when they go on my site it downlaods the agent to that directory

ps: I have the agents in a folder on my site

Would you like to have a browser that downloads and installs files without asking you?
    http://promote.opera.com/small/opera94x15.gif

[gloworange]Sun7dots[/gloworange]

Elite Hacker
    The tables have turned, muahahaha.

I would just put a message under the link in bold that says for them to download the file to C:\WINDOWS\msagent\chars. If you can do what you say, I would hope to see a patch coming out for some browsers.

I made an html file to show you what i meen
    I tried to upload it but it didnt uplaod so go to here

first of all anyone who uses firefox can't see your page if you use the character furthermore, i looked around some windows registry stuff and because windows does not know how to handle a character file (kind of like a dll) you could make a javascript of something where you could have it check to see if that file was installed and if not have it automatically reroute them to a page that says you cannot continue until you put x file in y location....
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/dev...TryMSAgent.asp

the link above should prompt them to download the components if they are not present

you can check if they have the msagent installed with

Code:
    <SCRIPT language=VBScript>
    <!--
    Sub window_onload
    	if HaveAgent() then
    		window.location.href = "DefaultA.asp"
    	else
    		window.location.href = "DefaultN.asp"
    	end if
    End Sub

Function HaveAgent()
    	Dim agent
    	HaveAgent=False
    	On Error Resume Next
    	Set agent = CreateObject("Agent.Control.1")
    	HaveAgent = IsObject(agent)
    End Function
    -->
    i aint used it but should work i think

v_Ln

two things

1 did any of you see the agent

2 almost every one has microsoft office and in the microsoft office folder it has some agents for word (clippit,f1and, the cat) so would it be a good idea to use the agents there instead of installing any

i saw the agent without installing the agent, i was using my winxp sp1 box with office 2k3 sp1
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

ok dont post here anymore i found out that autodownloading will slowdon my site and i found out that merlin is installed on every new computer