Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting to Command Prompt of another machine

AO French Antique News Whore

Connecting to Command Prompt of another machine

Ok! I'm in a small emergency here...

I need a software that can connect to a Windows 2000/XP command promp remotly!

My goal is to do a Wake on Land on a bunch of computer, run a Office maintenance wizard and shutdown the computer after.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

This utility from Sysinternals might help you out. It's called PsExec and it will allow you to you execute processes on other systems, complete with full interactivity for console applications, without having to manually install client software.

Hope it helps SDK.

Cheers:
    DjM

go to run on your machiene and type mstsc. if remote desktop is enable on the machiens you simply type in the ip address in. then log in as if you were on their computer and you can run stuff like normal.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Thank DjM.

Ther are disable XTC46.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

netcat witha cmd.exe hook and telnet? You could set up a nice batch file for that...

As DjM stated, psexec is the way to go with this one. I've used it in the past and it works quite well... Netcat could work as well, but psexec is easier to use in this case I believe..
    - Maverick

I've used a combo of reverse netcat and soon (scheduler) to get myself out of a tricky situation before on a live production Nt server... Had psexec been availible at that time it would have saved me half an heart attack!

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Remote Admin works well for this stuff too, you can either telnet to it, file transfer (has explorer window type), full control, or just view, pretty nifty stuff.

You guy can go on but PsExec was that I was looking for! It was not succesfull to have a remote computer run a batch file or program locate on a network with PsExec but I just copy the program locally with a xcopy and have PsExec ran the program locally!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

an easier way would be"pssxec \\remote_name -c program2run.exe" this will copy the program you want to have run from your computer to the remote and execute it on the remote box all in one step.

if you need to run the same program on many machines put all the computer names in a file "something.txt" (or net view >something.txt and trim the top crap off for all of them) then use the 'FOR' command to loop threw the list:

for /F "tokens-1" %X in (something.txt) do psexec %X -c program2run.exe <args>

when the app finishes on one machine it will start on the next

if it requires the copying of a directory or some complex interaction you can always make a batch file into a '.com' file using something like bat2exe and have psexec copy it over and run it
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”